Chapter 20

Honeybee's POV
It has been three weeks since the decepticons have been quiet in the field lately. Though during our scouting missions we've managed to get some energon, but there wasn't much when we looked to find some. Our energon reserves are still pretty low until now.

I started my scouting early in the morning before anyone would realize, well even if Ultra Magnus is my sparkmate. I scouted grid 304 for Predacon bones if there was any luck, but so far I detected nothing.

Speaking of Magnus... he has been, well commanding a lot recently the past three weeks. I tried to talk to him about it a few times but he just that the team would get used to it. But honestly, it's just gonna have a negative affect on the team. We weren't able to talk as much and he has been pretty distant lately. I also noticed my charge have been trying to talk to him as well but it only ended up with small talks.

As I was about to leave until I heard Brianna called me. I turned around to see the other kids half awake. The team was about to wake up at this time and I'm sure Arcee will question my sudden disappearance. I walked towards them at the recreation platform and gave Brianna a look of 'I'm listening'.

"Going on an early scouting mission without the commander's permission, huh?" She said, like she knows, which in fact she does.

Ever since I met Brianna, she has always been concerned about the relationship in the team on how they get along. I gave her credits in trying her best to get Magnus to talk to me again.

"Yeah, I figured to get ahead." I said, which was not a complete lie.

"What about Magnus?" She asked with a worried look on her face. "You're going without his or Optimus' permission to leave the base."

In this the other kids got up and walked near Brianna.

"Optimus knows that I can take care of myself and that I wouldn't break protocols. As for Ultra Magnus.....we're bonded so I'm sur-"

I was cut off by Miko who was currently drinking soda and spits it out in surprise.

"You and Magnus, are together together?!" She asked quickly.

"Pretty much. Yes." I said with a straight face.

I kinda got used to it, since everyone on the team, except for Fowler, Jack, Raf and Miko, had been asking me if me and Magnus have been rather close lately. So I just gave them a straight answer and that we're in a relationship.

But after bonding with each other, things just went downhill from there, even if I tried to reconnect what we have.

"Anyways, since me and Magnus bonded, I'm not gonna worry much since he could feel my emotions.." I said,

"Why do I having a feeling that a 'but' is coming?" Brianna asked,

"...But he is mostly keeping his part of the bond mute...So I thought that he just wanted to have some of his thoughts to himself. And I respect that." I said,

"Maybe you two should go on a drive together after your scouting mission." Raf suggested,

"Yeah, I mean there hasn't been any decepticon activity lately so I say go ahead." Miko said,

"I agree with that." Brianna said,

"I don't want to know what will Optimus think if his Commander is not present in the command center." I said, "After all, he is his second in command, meaning he's needed here to keep things in check."

"Well, everything has been 'in check' since the cons have suddenly gone silent." Miko said,

"Not to mention that all of you have been doing the same routine ever since then." Jack added,