40 ~ Can't Help It

Rosie's POV

"Hello? Hi- yes, I see that you are looking for new employees- yes... Absolutely! Sure! Yes, is 10 in the morning good?... Yes that's great. Thank you so much, mkay. Bye."

I let out a long exhale. I shouldn't have been that nervous for a 1-minute phone call.

"Hey babe. Who was that?" Clarence had just woken up. I was really hoping that he didn't hear me.

"Nobody. Telemarketer."

"Oh, okay." Hs shrugged it off.

I had already applied for 5 jobs. I was declined at each one, and I don't know why. They said that they were hiring, but i guess not.

I finally just decided to apply for a full time job at Shop-Rite. I really hope that this goes well. I didn't want to tell him because I knew that I was going to get rejected and I didn't want him to know. I mean we're making money from youtube but it's not promising- and i need a promise for the sake of my baby...

"What you want for breakfast?" He looked over at me.

"You, shawty."

"Stahppp boy!"

"Stop whaaaaaat?"

"That! Now, pancakes or french toast?"

"Liyahhh!"

"Dada! Da-da!" We heard her call from the other room.

"Sounds like she said pan-cakes." He said. I laughed at him and got up to go start breakfast while he got Aaliyah together.

————

After I made them breakfast, we all ate and I got ready for my interview.

He laid on his back with our daughter sprawled against his stomach. My babies.

I hurried into the closet to change and I ran out the house, to drive to Shop-Rite.

——

"Well, congratulations you got the job! I can give you your uniform now, or you can start tomorrow from 8-4 pm!"

"I'll take it now, which area would I be working?"

"Aisles and Shelves. Here you go. Just go into the back and let Rome know that you are new and he'll show you around. He's a playful one." The lady gave me a look that told me to be very careful.

Roman (Rome)