New Beginnings

*3 Months Later*

Grabbing the hot cup of tea, I walk over to my window and stare at the view in front of me. Families with their children out having picnic by the beach.

I sigh.

I won't be able to stay here much longer. Since leaving Rocky, I haven't had access to my funds. No credit cards. Only cash.

I knew Rocky and my parents would track me if I used my credit cards and I do not have much cash to get me going.

I still haven't spoken to my parents, not after all they did and put me through. I don't think I could ever speak to them again.

Shaking my head, I let the thoughts out and stare out the window again. It seems warm and sunny outside, perfect for a swim.

I miss Rocky but this was for his good. I'm sure he had a peaceful life until I stepped into the picture. I ruined everything for him. Absolutely everything.

Going into my bedroom, I put on a mint green bikini and slide on a pair of shorts and white crop top over my bikini. I put on white thongs, grab a book off the entrance table and head out the door.

Liza waves at me as she sees me. Liza is my neighbour. We don't really speak but she's been polite enough to say hello every time she sees me. I smile back at her and stand by the edge of the road. I wait for the three cars to drive past before dashing across the street to the beach.

I turn around and stare back at the house. I could possibly last another two weeks and then I'd have to find a smaller, more cosier place. Somewhere far from the beach. I could sell my current home but that would draw attention to me.

When I get to the sand, I take my thongs off and hold them in my hand, feeling the warm sand between my toes. Finding an isolated corner, I drop myself on the sand.

"So this is where you're hiding?" A voice says behind me.

I lift my head up at the familiar voice and hold my hand in front of my eyes to block out the sun.

I watch the figure bend down and sit beside me and that's when Daniella's face comes into view.

"Where are you staying?" She asks.

I avoid her question. "What are you doing here?"

She blinks and then points at a group of people a few metres away sitting under several beach umbrellas. "I'm here with them," she says clearing her throat. "So Sky, where did you disappear to?"

I shake my head and look down at the sand. "Does it really matter?" I say. "Please, just let it go."

Daniella frowns. "It does matter, Sky. I have a broken hearted brother at home frantically searching for you. Three months and he's still at it."

I try not to react but I feel a dagger pierce my heart. He should've stopped after a few days.

"Maybe you should tell him to give up," I tell her.

"Give up?" She scoffs. "You're telling him to give up looking for the woman he is madly in love with. How could you just get up and leave?"

I wipe at a tear that appears as I attempt to get up and leave however Daniella's hand wraps tight around my wrist. "Your address?" She asks.

"Please, Daniella," I plead taking a seat back down next to her.

"I'm not done," she says angrily. "Your address?"

"You know I cannot tell you. You'll go straight to your brother with that information."

"Damn right I will!" she shouts as a few heads snap in our direction. "You're a married couple, you can't just get up and leave."

"We were married," I tell her. "Six months remember. Well six months are over so we're done."

Daniella watches me for a second. Shock registers all over her face. "I cannot believe you said that. Are you telling me you felt nothing for Rocky?"

I nod. "Nothing. I was just doing my part for the contract."

"Lies," she says looking me deadset in the eyes. "Because if you felt nothing, then you definitely wouldn't have just shed a tear.

I swallow. "Because I'm frustrated, Daniella. I just want to be left alone."

Daniella shakes her head. "Well if you do not tell me the address, I will still let him know you came to this beach."

"You wouldn't dare," I tell her.

"Test me."

This time she lets me stand up although going back home doesn't seem like an option as she could see from where we are.

As I turn to stroll down the beach, Daniella shouts behind me. "Your parents have lost everything!"

My heart freezes and I stop in my position. I so desperately want to ask her what that means but I don't.

"Your house is gone too!" She says behind me.

My throat tightens. Not my place too. Technically that was purchased through my parents.

I turn to face her but she has walked over to her group of friends.

So technically if she's right, I don't even have a house to sell. I turn around and walk by the edge of the water.

How am I going to survive with only about another three thousand cash in my pocket.