Break In

The drop of rope on the floor draws both Rocky's attention and the man pointing the gun at him. This guy is built but not as built as Rocky so if Rocky was in a better position, he could take him.

The man looks up at me as a small smirk appears on his lips. "You're a feisty one," he says.

Rocky watches me. I don't see it often in his eyes but I see it laced with fear. Fear for me as I point the gun at the man in front of us.

"Drop the gun or I'll shoot your dear husband," he spits.

"Drop the gun or I'll shoot you," I counter. "There's two of us and only one of you. We've got a gun each, you do the calculations."

The man actually laughs at me as he presses the gun harder into the side of Rocky's head. "Do you see your wife, no care for your life."

"So why are you here?" I ask.

"That's none of your concern," he replies.

"So you're just here to kill us?" I ask. "What? Were you bored or something?"

Rocky grins at my smart ass comment which brings a subtle smile to my face. He might have a gun to his head but he's pretty chill about his own death. Mine however is a different story. I can see the fear he has for me.

The man grits his teeth. "Something like that."

"You've got your rope," I tell him. "What, you don't want to tie us up anymore?"

Rocky's eyes search mine. I know what he's saying. Where are the guards? Our house has four guards at the gate, two at the front door and one at every other entrance. Beyond that, we have eight guards who guard the area.

I'm not stupid though, and that's the one mistake this man made. He shouldn't have left me to get the rope. Under his supervision, I wouldn't have been able to do anything but letting me go on my own has given me the upper hand. It's a rookie mistake, one I would have made myself but I've spent plenty of time with Rocky and even faced a problem or two to know how to handle something like this.

I also happen to notice the slight tremble in his hand as he points the gun at Rocky. You wouldn't normally notice it in a moment like this but as I pointed out, I've learnt a few things. The tremble tells me he's never held a gun before and this isn't his normal doing.

As the man raises his hand to slam the butt of the gun into the side of a Rocky's head, I move a step closer. "Uh uh."

His head snaps up and he watches me carefully. "One of you will have to pay," he says. "That's just the way it goes. One of you have to die. I'll let you decide. The other can walk away free."

I can see the pleading look in Rocky's eyes. He wants me to walk out of this and let him deal with the consequences, even if it is death. There's no way I'm doing that.

I'm pregnant and I will not raise this baby alone. Rocky and I both will raise this baby. So even though Rocky pleads, I take another step towards the man.

"Who is Mikayla to you?" I ask.

Rocky's eyes snap up to mine and shock registers. He's at an angle that he cannot see the tattoos or the slight tremble to know this man is a rookie.

"So you've pieced it together," he says with anger. "You can then figure out why I'm here."

"Because she's in jail," I state.

He shakes his head. "She's not in jail."

Confusion takes over and from the look on a Rocky's face, he's just as bewildered as I am. We saw her get arrested and Rocky even followed up a few days later.