Sequins and Shimmer

I'm wearing a silver and black sequins dress that sits mid-thigh. I've paired it with black heels that wrap slightly over my ankle and calves. The dress is secured by just two thin straps.

I hold my black clutch in my hand as the guard lets me into the club. He doesn't ask for ID as Rocky has quite the reputation around here and everyone already knows me as his wife.

When I enter the Red Dragon's Club, the image is not what I had in mind. The lights are dimmed with only a slight blue tinge highlighting certain areas. Darkness envelopes the club and fog travels between the floor amongst our feet and legs.

Scanning the club, my eyes immediately fall on Mikayla who is standing by the bar downing a shot. She's in a short navy dress that barely covers anything and her cleavage is on full display, go figure. As I make my way over to her, I notice her obvious bloodshot eyes.

I don't pretend to be friendly, she already knows we played her so I simply take a seat beside her and say, "what am I here?"

Mikayla laughs before downing another shot. "You're a damn good actress, you know."

I nod. "So are you it seems."

She points at the bar. "Drink?"

I shake my head. "I'm good."

She gives me a questioning look before inching closer to me on her bar stool. She reeks of alcohol and in all honesty, I don't think I would want someone like her near me to begin with.

"Get Nathan out," she says.

"Why?"

"Because it's not him who is soliciting sex slavery or prostitution. You clearly showed the documents revealing Rocky's company in these acts."

"Hmm," I say. "That was fake. I thought you'd cotton on by now but you really are dumb."

Her face turns stern and she shoves her shot my way. "You need a drink."

I shake my head. "I think I'm good."

"I insist," her hand pushes the shot right next to mine.

I'm not going to drink even though the idea sounds good right about now but I'm not about to let her know why I'm avoiding alcohol.

From the corner of my eyes, I notice a man wrapping his arm around a girl on the dance floor as they dance. The whole time however, his eyes are on me watching me like a hawk. This is one of Rocky's men. Rocky was adamant that I wouldn't go to the club on my own. The man blends in. He's in black pants with a white button up shirt and the way he's wrapped around that girl, no one would think he's actually here to keep a watchful eye on me.

On the other side, another man, with slick long black hair runs his hand over his hair as he talks to a lady situated at a booth. They're both downing a beer and the lady looks well into him. His eyes flick from the lady to me and he gives me a subtle nod to make sure I'm okay. I merely blink in his direction and he understands as I notice the tension leave his shoulders.

Rocky also insisted on coming but Mikayla would notice him so he's up at the penthouse. I just want all of this to be over so I can head back home to Australia.

Even though I know I shouldn't be here, I need to know what it is Mikayla has planned. She so clearly is aware that Rocky and I never broke up and the whole thing is a scam, so why on earth is she still trying to play a part.

"You're avoiding the shot like it's a plague," Mikayla's tone turns venomous.

"Well when it's coming from you, it might as well be the plague," I reply, keeping my eyes deadset on her.