The Truth Is Out

Rocky pushes Mikayla off him and I watch as she hits the ground furiously picking herself up.

Tears begin to run loose from my eyes and I turn my back to exit the room. I was supposed to surprise him, not the other way around. I wipe at my tears and when my hand grabs the door handle to pull open, Rocky's palm presses the door shut locking me in, his chest against my back.

"Move," I croak not sure I have the ability to argue with him.

"Sky," he whispers lightly. "Please just list-" he goes to say but I cut him off, "I don't want to hear it."

With my back still to him, I press my hand down on his arm forcing him to drop his hand before opening the door. As I twist to manoeuvre myself out, Mikayla smirks in my direction before pulling the strap of her dress back up. I think I'm going to be sick.

"Sky, please," Rocky's voice comes behind me before I whip around and stare him dead in the eyes.

"Save it!" I shout. "Do whatever it is you wish to do with her. You're free now. I've freed you," I turn my back to leave but pause to face him again. "Of all the people it had to be her. After everything she did."

Rocky frowns and I notice the wet soaked eyes he has that are on the brink of crying but instead are keeping a stronghold. I turn around to save myself a broken heart. I don't think I can witness him like that. It'll make me weak.

"After everything she did?" Rocky questions.

My throat tightens and I turn to face him. He doesn't know. I never told him and he wouldn't know because we weren't in touch.

Before I can say anything, Mikayla's arms wrap around Rocky's and she says, "babe, just came back to bed."

My blood boils and I feel like knocking the living daylights out of her but instead I watch as Rocky shrugs her off. "Don't ever touch me again," he says to her before pointing at the stairs. "You can leave."

He doesn't wait for her to leave, instead making his way to me. He grabs my hand in both of his and squeezes. "Baby, please," he says.

"It's bloody Mikayla!" I shout before pulling my hand free from his.

Mikayla scoffs behind Rocky. "Learn some respect," she says. "It's not my fault he's into me."

That's when Rocky's head snaps back to her. He storms up to her and pushes her against the wall and leans right into her face. "I swear to God," he says. "If you don't shut it, I will put a bullet through your head," he roars.

Mikayla pulls herself back before reaching for his chest. "Baby, please."

He swats her hand away. "Don't you dare call me baby. That name is reserved for Sky only."

I let a tear slip. My Rocky wouldn't trick me, would he? He loves me too much. He wouldn't do that to me.

The words that echo in my ears are contradicting and I don't know what to believe. It's hard to unsee what I walked in on.

"Why?" I question. "Just tell me why?"

Rocky steps forward but I hold my hand out to tell him not to come any closer.

"There is no why," Rocky says. "I was-" he says but before he can finish, Mikayla has pushed herself between Rocky and I and cuts him off. "He was with me. What are you going to do about it?"

I grit my teeth. I really want to slap her but I don't resort to violence. It's not in me even though every bit of me is telling me to strangle her to death.

Suddenly Mikayla launches herself in my direction however before I can feel her impact, Rocky grabs her and yanks her back, placing himself between her and I. He doesn't look pleased. "I told you," he warns her, his voice low. "Back away now because I won't hesitate to hurt you."