The Scare

I flip the magazine, yawning whilst covering my mouth. Rocky brings tea over and hands it to me. "You okay?" He asks.

I nod and then hold up the magazine. "You look dashing."

He smiles before grabbing the magazine and putting it on the table. His hand wraps around mine and he pulls me closer to him on the couch. "You've been yawning all morning."

"Have I?" I say nonchalantly. "I hadn't noticed."

He frowns before kissing my shoulder and looking back to his phone. I don't tell him that I've spent the last week with my head in the toilet bowl spilling my guts out. It always happens at night and I always find myself sneaking out of the bedroom to do so. I don't use our en-suite because I'm afraid I'll wake him up, so I use the bathroom down the hallway.

I don't want to think about what I think it may be. I'm not ready and I don't think Rocky is either.

He lifts his eyes from his phone and for a second we make eye contact. Shit! He sees me staring.

"You sure you're okay?" He asks.

I nod. "Perfect," I reply at the same time stifling a yawn.

Rocky shakes his head. "How long did you sleep for last night?"

"Eight hours," I reply when it reality it was a little over three.

"No," he says. "How long did you really sleep for?"

I frown. "Three hours."

"Should I ask why?"

I shake my head.

His hand reaches for mine and he pulls me into his arms, the heat of his body heating me up. "Tell me anyways."

"I'm almost two weeks late," I say softly whilst chewing on my nails.

Rocky's eyes go wide. "What has that got to do with sleeping?"

"I've been spewing my guts."

He nods placing a kiss on my forehead. "Maybe we should head to the doctors."

A tear escapes my eyes and then next thing I know, I am crying. His arms tighten around me and I feel his fingers wipe at my tears. "I don't think I'm ready for this."

Rocky tucks a loose hair behind my ear before kissing my cheek. "Let's just gets a pregnancy test and we will go from there."

He taps a few times on his phone before his hands wrap around me. "It's going to be fine."

My hands wrap around his waist and I place my head against his chest closing my eyes. His hand through my hair soothes me and shortly after I find sleep pulling me in.

—————————

His assistant drops off a pregnancy test and Rocky hands it to me. A shiver runs down my hands as I hold onto it.

"What if I'm pregnant?" I ask him.

"We'll cross that bridge when we get there?"

"And if I'm not?"

Rocky smiles as he grabs my hand to soothe the shivers that have taken place before placing a kiss on my forehead. "Then we take you to the doctor."

Why?" I question in panic. "If I'm not pregnant then that's a good thing."

"Not if you've been throwing up."

I walk into the bathroom with the test in my hand. This is not how I imagined the next few months to go. My fingers wrap tightly around the pregnancy test as I pull it out of its packaging. I take a deep breath. Here goes.