Perhaps A Second Chance

"Then maybe you should fall weak," Rocky says.

Wiping at the tears now loose, I look up at him. "Please, don't."

He takes a step forward but stops mid-step when he tries to take another step closer. "Would it be so bad if you fall weak?"

I nod, turning my back at him. "If I fall weak, you won't pull out of the contract."

"What's so bad about falling weak?" He asks. "You get me if you fall weak. Is that so bad?"

I don't want to tell him that I want him, that I still truly love him. I thought leaving him would be the easier option than seeing him get hurt, but what I didn't realise was that leaving him was also hurting him. I didn't put that into perspective.

"You can't just pull out of the contract?" I ask.

"No," his voice cracks. "If I do, that makes me the most stupid man to exist. I cannot walk away from this without putting up a fight."

I know I shouldn't but I turn to face him. I can see the pain written all over his face. "I should go, I have work to do."

Without giving him a chance, I head back to my desk and dial Daniella.

————————

"Absolutely not," Daniella replies.

"Why not?" I question her.

"Are you serious, Sky?" She says. "I won't mess with him like that. That's not fair."

"And everything he did to me? Was that fair?"

Daniella tilts her head as if to say yes.

I shake my head. "Don't answer that."

Daniella gets up. "Why are you making this trickier? Can't you just go back to him."

I grab her hand to stop her. "I tried to do my best to walk away. I hurt him, Daniella. Hurt him bad. I even hurt you. I feel like I'm the cause to your family's pain and troubles. I actually believed if I walked away then maybe I was doing him good."

Daniella shakes her head. "You didn't hurt me, those bastards did. The only time you hurt me was when you left Rocky. Not only did you end your relationship with him but you ended it with me and that's not fair."

"I know," I say pulling her back down. "You have to do this though."

Daniella frowns. "It's a bad idea."

Smirking, I reach my hand out to grab her phone. "It's a great idea if you ask me."

Daniella sighs and rests her head on the table. "You two are the same people in different bodies. You both are sickos who get off on stuff like this."

"It's payback," I tell her.

Going through Daniella's contacts, I stop on the name Rocky. I open a new message. Sky was seen having coffee with a guy. They kissed.

Sent.

Daniella silently sobs. "How long is this going to go for?"

"Three months, exactly how long I'm supposed to be his assistant."

The waitress brings out our coffee and Daniella practically drinks the coffee down in one sip. To say she is stressed is an understatement.

"You should do that with the cake," I say pointing to the slice of cake the waitress places in front of us.

"I need a drink."

I laugh. "It's only midday, Daniella."

—————————

"How was your break?" Rocky asks as I walk into his office piling the folders up one at a time on his desk.

"Great, I went for coffee as I wasn't hungry."

"Coffee?" He says. "Alone?"

I shake my head trying to hid a grin. "No, of course not. I went with my date."

"Date?" He questions bitterly. "Did you move on from Frank so easily?"

"I had to," I tell him. "You didn't really give me a choice since I cannot marry him. He went back."

"Good," Rocky says. "So tell me about this new guy."

Sliding one of the folders from across the pile to the front of his desk for him to read, I say, "I don't see how that's any of your business."

Rocky nods as he picks up the folder. "Fair enough."

This time I frown. I thought he'd ask me about the kiss. I thought I could hit him where it hurts. I thought I could have a little just as he did.

"Is it okay?"

Rocky looks up from the folder. "It's okay."

"Just okay?"

"Yep," he says closing it and picking up another folder from the pile.

I bite my tongue before I say something I regret. "Can I have a longer lunch break tomorrow?"

"No."

"But I have planned a second date," I tell him.

At this, his head snaps up and he closes the folder. "You want me to give you a longer break away from work so you can go on a date."

I nod. I'm going to hell but this is fun.

He gets up from his chair and walks around his desk until he's standing in front of me. "What's his name?"

"Nelson."

"And how do..."

Before he can finish the sentence, I press my lips against him. Mostly because I wanted to see what he tasted like but partially because it's part of my plan. My lips press harder and I lean against him forcing him to wrap his hand around my waist to support my weight against his. My tongue slips into his mouth and I explore every inch of his mouth. His hand travels up my back and I almost moan, almost.

Satisfied I've got him where I want, I pull back. "Not bad," I say. "But Nelson kisses better."

Rocky watches me in confusion. "I just kissed you to see what it feels like since it's been a while. Wanted to make sure I wasn't making a mistake with Nelson but luckily enough he's a better kisser."

Rocky's face turns into one of anger and he fists his hand beside his body as he leans in. "You don't ever tell a man who loves you that someone else is a better kisser. Never."

"Why not?" I say playing clueless to the frustration written all over his face. "It's the truth."