All Bad Things Must Come To An End

I watch from the glass panel, Rocky's two receptionists being questioned by the investigators. I turn around and make my way over to Rocky's desk where he types away at his laptop before carefully pulling his eyes away from the screen and watching me. He sighs before shutting the laptop.

"It's okay," I assure him. "This was the only way to trap them in their own mess."

Rocky nods running a hand through his hair before leaning against his desk. I walk over to him and pull his head against my body. "It's just an investigation, it won't make people think bad of everything you've built."

His arms reach around my waist and he presses his head further against my stomach. "I know," says sounding defeated. "I just never thought I'd see this day. But if this is what it takes to make sure our company doesn't sink then that's what I'll do."

I pull back and watch him. "Our company?"

"Well you do hold fifty percent," he replies.

My eyes get glassy with tears. "Not our company, Rocky. It's your company and you should really take full ownership."

He shakes his head before his hand reaches out and grabs mine again. He pulls me on his lap and leans his head against my back. "I love you, Sky. I know I don't say it enough but I do."

I smile even though I know he can't see it. "Good," I reply. "Because it would be sort of awkward if you didn't considering I'm your wife."

His hand gives my thigh a squeeze as he chuckles. "God I love your sense of humour."

I turn and place a quick kiss on his lip. "And I love you."

————————————
*3 weeks later*

I hold the newspaper in my hand. Nathan Wilkinson's arrest results in his assets frozen. Has illegal trading been his downfall?

I drop the newspaper on Rocky's desk as he and Liam stop to turn their attention to me. It's only a matter of seconds before the articles headline draws their attention.

"Frozen assets, huh?" Liam says. "About time."

Rocky watches me for a second like he's shocked I've still stuck around despite all of this. "It's not over though," he says.

I nod. "But it's a start."

Two and a half weeks ago, I watched Nathan and Mikayla walk back and forth in panic at their place. They were screaming at one another at how it could all go so wrong whilst also trying to hide how much more their hands were dirty. It didn't take me long to figure it out and it didn't take Liam any longer to place an anonymous call to further up the investigations. When you use your company to trade illegally, that's one thing. But when you use your company to store drugs, that's a very different thing. Three hundred kilos of cocaine stashed it the storage room. That and his company getting so obviously caught out in redirecting illegal money to make it clean. There was a chain to follow but it all lead back to him.

While Mikayla still hasn't been pulled up, Nathan has been arrested. He was taken in this morning. Unfortunately there isn't anything we can pull Mikayla into even though she is as much guilty in all of this as he is.

Rocky's voice pulls me out of my thoughts. "I don't want Mikayla walking free."

I nod. "But there's not much we can do. We cannot drag her down for what his company did just because they're married."

Someone clears their throat behind us drawing our attention. "There are plenty of other ways," Rachel says.

She steps into the room as Rocky pulls the tape out of his drawer and slides it across the table to her. "Even without this," he tells her. "I think he wouldn't have won the court case."

Rachel nods. "Better safe than sorry."

I watch as a loose tear escapes her eye and she frowns. "I didn't ever think I'd find myself in such a mess."

Placing a comforting hand on her shoulder, I reply, "I don't think any of us did."

"Mikayla asked me to get you to go to the Red Dragon's club. She's got something planned. Now that it's clear that you both played her, she wants to break you two up."

I frown. "What does she have planned?"

Rachel shakes her head. "No idea. She knows I have influence with you guys but she still thinks I'm on her side. She just wants you to show up but she didn't go as far as telling me why."

A small smile appears on my lips as I turn to watch Rocky. "I guess I'm going to the Red Dragon's Club."

Rocky shakes his head. "No," he says. "I don't know what she's up to and I don't trust her with you. I know I wanted to get her but maybe the fact that the company is okay is the important part. She's still not off the hook for what she did to you...to us, all those years ago but still."

"She's clearly not going to let this go," I tell him. "So I will let end it full and final."

Rocky opens his mouth to protest again but Liam places a hand on his shoulder and cuts him off. "She's right," he says. "We'll have her mic'ed up and we'll have watchful eyes all around the club."

Rocky sighs. "I cannot believe I'm agreeing to this."

Rachel smiles. "Can I speak to Sky alone?"

We all watch her in confusion.

"Whatever you have to say, you can say it in front of us," Rocky replies.

"I'm not going to hurt her," Rachel emphasises. "I think you should know by now that I have your back and I'm with you guys."

I nod. "It's fine," I say in Rocky's direction before I take Rachel's hand and lead her out of the room.

"You okay?" I ask.

She nods. "The question is whether you're okay?"

I shake my head in confusion. "Why wouldn't I be okay?"

Rachel chuckles. "Just that the signs have been obvious for the past few weeks."

"What signs?"

She smiles. "When you came over to my father's office to visit me two weeks ago."

"Oookkaaayyy," I stretch my word in puzzlement.

"You were sick. You suddenly had to throw up."

"Oh," I say. "I'm fine. Must've just been something I ate."

Rachel laughs and slaps her palm against my face. "You're not very bright, Sky."

"What?" I question.

"Well, it's just tha...." however before she can finish her sentence, Rocky's head pops out of the door.

"Not done," Rachel says grabbing my hand and pulling me further from the door.

Rocky laughs. "Should I be worried about this girl chat? You two are getting a little too friendly."

Rachel smirks. "Well it depends. Some men jump up and down in joy and others often panic. It depends on what kind of guy you are."

Rocky shakes his head in confusion before muttering, "whatever," and walking back into his office.

Rachel drags me into the conference room next door and shuts the door. She reaches into her handbag and pulls out a small brown paper bag. "Mikayla might've taken your happiness once but I don't she'll get to this time. You should really go and take it now."

When I look into the brown paper bag, my heart skips a beat. This cannot be true but I think deep down I knew. There were signs...signs I avoided because there could be no way. I know I said not now but maybe now was a good time.