Personal Assistant

I intentionally show up late. Standing at his office, I look at the clock hanging on the wall. Nine fifteen it reads.

Good, I tell myself. He's not going to fire me, this much I know so showing up slightly late is my rebellious act. It'll let him know that he can not control me.

I knock on the door once and then again, before Rocky opens the door. "You're late."

"Oh, am I?" I say feigning ignorance. "I didn't realise."

He moves aside to let me in. "No one is ever late to my office."

"Well there is always a first," I say into my coffee cup as I take a sip, acting nonchalant.

He walks over to his desk and pulls out a big stash of binders from one of the draws. "Your first task," he says. "Although I would now say it's your second."

I watch him in confusion. "Second?"

Walking over to me, he says, "your first is to get me coffee, but seeing as you've already done that. This will be your second," and with that he grabs the coffee cup from my hand and takes a sip.

My mouth drops open. "That's my coffee!"

"Latte," he says. "Nice, but I prefer cappuccino. You better write that down for next time."

He takes another sip as if to prove a point and places the coffee down on his desk. He grabs the binders and hands them to me, the weight almost pulling me down. "Out the door, to your left is your office. Proof read all of these and get them back to me in two hours."

I watch him in shock. There is no way I could complete these in two hours.

"Times ticking," he whispers in my ear and that draws me out of my thoughts.

As I head for the door, he calls for me.

"Oh and Sky. Try not to get lipstick on my coffee cup next time."

"Screw you," I say walking out the door and to the left.

————————

My finger wraps tightly around the pen as I cross the last word out and correct it. Taking a deep breath, I drop the pen on the desk and sigh. Done.

Suddenly the door flicks open and Rocky walks in. He stops a few steps away from my desk. "I don't pay you to rest."

I push myself up and storm up to him. "Give me a damn break. You went from being in love with me and married to me, to suddenly treating me like trash."

Rocky's expression turns into a frown and he takes a step forward. "Clearly when I treated you well, you didn't care, hence why you left. Don't act like it and I won't have to treat you like trash."

"Trash?!" I shout, "You honestly just called me trash?"

Rocky watches me. "Don't shout in my office. You will draw attention."

"You just called me trash," I say angrily, slamming my feet. "Even that's beyond you!"

Before I can utter another word, Rocky's lips are on mine and he's pressed me back forcing me to lean against the desk. His tongue brushes against the tip of my lip and I let him in. It's rough and aggressive but eases to warm and sensual in a matter of seconds, his hand wrapped around my back and sturdily holding me against him.

You're kissing him, I tell myself.

I blink and suddenly push him away.

He smirks. "That's what you get for shouting."