Out In The Open

I stare out the balcony while Rocky continues to remain asleep in our bed. My hands wrap the silk robe tightly around me as the breeze passes through. I look out into the view, forgetting how beautiful it was.

I'm no longer in a contract with Rocky, I'm his wife. His real, legally married wife. The words sound weird in my head. I would have to get used to this.

Behind me, Rocky stirs in bed, his hand reaching out for me and only hitting the empty mattress. His eyes open slowly and he scans the bed before scanning the rest of the room. His eyes fall on me. "You okay?"

I nod. "Yes," I say walking through the balcony door and back into our bedroom. Leaning down, I place a quick kiss on his lips before saying, "I feel great."

Rocky smiles at that comment. "Good," he says as his hand rubs the side of my waist. He pulls me down to kiss me again before he pushes himself off the bed.

"I better go have a shower," he says almost instantly disappearing behind the en-suite bathroom door.

While I listen to the water run from his shower, a ring travels through the whole house. I look at the clock on the wall and it isn't even nine o'clock yet. My throat tightens. This is Rocky's family and I'm about to see them after a long while. I don't know what to say or how to say it.

Walking over to the bathroom door, I pound my fist against the door. "They're here!" I shout.

I hear the door bell ringing vibrate through the whole house again and panic sets in. I remove the silk robe and tuck it back into my wardrobe.

Staring at myself in the mirror, I tell myself, "you're okay. You look fine and this will all go normally."

However deep down I'm fearing them asking where I was all this while. How could a wife just leave her husband? I know Rydar looked at me for answers when I bumped into him in the office and I had nothing to tell him, as I have nothing to tell him now.

Rocky comes out of the bathroom quickly, a towel wrapped around his hips and his chest bare. He smiles my way when he notices me staring before reverting my eyes down to the ground. "It's okay, you can look," he says. "After all, you're my wife."

I try not to blush at the fact that he saw me staring or that he just called me wife—something I'm still not used to.

When I no longer hear the door bell, I know the butler has let the family in. Rocky arranged for them to come over for breakfast and suddenly the idea of it all seems dreadful.

"Can you change, please," I tell Rocky nervously as I fidget with my fingers.

Suddenly Rocky's arms wrap around my middle and he pulls me into him. "Relax," he whispers in my ear. "It'll all be okay. You trust me, right?"

I nod as I unclasp myself from his hold to turn and face him. "I'm still nervous."

Rocky smirks at that and turns to head for his walk-in wardrobe.

I throw a pillow at him I grab off the bed. "Why are you smirking?"

"I like it when you're nervous!" He shouts from inside the wardrobe.

"Freak," I mutter under my breath.

"I heard that."

"Good," I tell Rocky.

When he's out, he's wearing a navy buttoned up long sleeve shirt tucked into grey pants. He looks good but I of course don't tell him that.

He grabs my hand. "Let's go see my family."

"Hmm," I say as he pulls me along. "Let's."

When we get down the stairs, the butler points us outside under the gazebo in the back yard where the breakfast table had been set out. I can see his family from afar and the closer we get, the louder their conversations get.