Play The Game

*Rocky's Perspective*

The minute I get to the penthouse, murder is on my mind. I don't stop when Tim calls my name and nor do I react to the guest who holds his hand out to high five me. I walk past both and head upstairs, Tim's voice still echoing behind me when I make it upstairs.

I know Mikayla wouldn't have left. She isn't the type of girl to give up if she wants something. She'll fight for it no matter how savage she turns. My palms slam against my bedroom door and I walk in.

Mikayla is sitting on my bed, her legs fold over one another as she leans back. Anger consumes me and I storm over to her, my hand wrapping around her wrist as I pull her off my bed and press her against the wall. My hands go to her throat and I apply pressure. Trust me when I say I want to strangle her to death. I want her screaming just the way I hear Sky's voice screaming for them to stop at that park. Her voice echoes in my ears over and over again, our unborn child never seeing light but I don't choke her. I'm not that person and Sky wouldn't want me to do it.

"How could you!" I growl.

Her hands go to her throat and she sees my anger. A small flicker of panic sets in her eyes as she tries to free herself. "You're hurting me, Rocky," she says trying to pry my fingers free from her throat.

"I don't care," I say. "You hurt Sky."

She coughs even though I'm not pressing hard. I should do, she deserves it. "It's not my fault Sky misunderstood."

I shake my hand slamming my palm against the wall beside her head forcing her to flinch. "Not now, you bitch," I say through gritted teeth forcing a gasp out of her. "When you almost left her for dead all those years back."

She blinks and then shakes her head. I let go of her and run my hands through my hair to calm myself or I swear to God I would have killed her.

"I didn't do anything."

"You killed my child!" I shout. "She was pregnant, for God's sake!"

My hand fists up and just as I'm sure I'm about to hurt her, an arm around my middle pulls me back. "Don't do it, man," a familiar voice says behind me.

I snap my head to watch Danny holding me, his arm wrapping around mine lifted in the air ready to do some damage and pulling me back. "You don't hurt women."

My blood boils. "Let me go," I say calmly.

Danny merely shakes his head. "Don't, she's not worth it."

"She hurt my wife and killed my child," I say falling on my knees in defeat.

That's when I feel a hand on my shoulder and someone drop on their knees beside me. I watch Lena but don't say a word.

"You should be with your wife right now," Lena says. "God knows what she's going through. She probably needs you now the most."

"I'm sure she's done with me," I say to myself.

Lena looks at Mikayla before standing up and walking over to her. Before I can even register what is about to happen, I watch Mikayla's head fly to the side as the sound of Lena's slap echoes across the room. "That...bitch," she says. "Is for hurting good people."

Mikayla looks back at Lena and her hands come up pushing Lena on the bed. "How dare you!" Mikayla shouts.

Lena gets up from the bed and slams her knee in Mikayla's stomach forcing Mikayla to bend over to gasp for air. "Don't," Lena says. "I repeat, don't ever mess with me or the people I care about, you psycho obsessive freak."

Before Lena can land another hand on Mikayla, Danny pulls her back. "Don't," he says before wrapping his hand forcefully around Mikayla's wrist and pulling her out of the room.

——————————

Sky's Perspective*

I spend a few minutes under the tree collecting my thoughts. Frustration consumes every thought of mine. I should've told Rocky about Mikayla, then maybe his friends probably wouldn't have invited her.

I push myself up, look into the distance staring at his penthouse, it's probably midnight by now. I fist my hands by my side and storm towards the penthouse.

The security guard nods as if he recognises me and I walk in, press the elevator button and wait. My hands get sweaty and my mind spins. I shouldn't have walked away from Rocky all those years ago. I should have just been honest with him. When the elevator dings and the door opens, I get in, press the twentieth floor and scan the key card for access.

My mind spins to all sorts of thoughts. The obvious is to hurt Mikayla even though I'm not that kind of person. I've seen plenty and hurt even more, I don't want this life anymore. I want it easy. I just want to move on.

The elevator opens and when I walk in, there is no music, no flashing lights and the penthouse seems empty. Going past the foyer to the living space indicates the party is over. Only Tim and Rocky sit there. Rocky with his elbows resting on his knees sitting on the couch, his fingers through his hair.

When I take a step forward, Mikayla appears in front of me and beside her, Danny, his hand wrapped around her wrist. My throat tightens. He faces me. "Rocky needs you," before he drags Mikayla forward towards the elevator.

"Stop," I say turning to face them.

I walk right up to Mikayla, standing face to face. "You took something very precious from me, and even though I feel like you should pay for it, I'm letting you go knowing this is a new chapter. I don't forgive you but I'm not going to stand here hurling abuse at you. I just want to move on in my life. You should too."

Mikayla simply rolls her eyes as Danny escorts her right in front of the elevator waiting for it to open. Seconds later, Tim appears besides them waiting for the elevator. I know they're trying to give us private time to sort out issues, but there is no issues to sort.

I walk into the living room. My eyes immediately go to Rocky's just as his go to mine. He pushes himself up. "Sky," he says as he takes a step forward.

"Stop!" I say holding out my hand. My head flips back to watch Mikayla for a second who watches us like a hawk. "I just came to to tell you that I'm done. I'm going back to Australia and I'm filing for divorce when I get there."

Rocky shakes his head. "You cannot be serious," he says as he attempts to take another step forward but I hold my hand out for him. "I didn't do anything though."

"You did plenty," I tell him.

Rocky watches me in disbelief. "Tell me you're joking," he says before closing the distance between us, his palms wrapping around my cheeks.

I push his hands away. "Don't touch me," I tell him. "I'm not here to resolve our issues. I just left my phone in your bedroom and I want to go get it. That's it. Then I'm out of here and going back."

I turn and head upstairs as Rocky watches me.