A Drunk Sky Is A Good Sky

He didn't follow me, Rocky just let me leave. My legs are dangling off the limestone wall as I watch the waves in the beach. I honestly thought he would come after me. I would have turned around and forgiven him if he had.

There's an ache where my heart is. I don't like secrets and the one Rocky is keeping is not making it any easier. I thought no more secrets. I believed we were past that stage.

I tip the wine bottle back and let it make its way gradually down my throat. I laugh, to one in particular, just to myself—out in the open. I don't really like drinking but here I am. When I go to tip the wine bottle back again, I feel a force. "Okay, I think that's enough," a familiar voice says to me.

I let them take the bottle as I turn my head in the direction of the voice. It's Rocky. Great, my imagination is conjuring Rocky up. They say when you're too far gone, your body tries to pull you back to safety. Maybe this is my body telling me that I've had too much to drink. Couldn't they have sent someone else? Rocky makes me weak in the knees.

I smile at the imaginative Rocky. "You're sexy," I say.

He smiles back. "And you're drunk."

I laugh this time bringing my finger to my lips. "Shhh," I tell him. "Don't l-let anyone know."

"I promise," he says.

I lean into him. "You smell goooooood," I say through a laugh again. Great, I'm talking to myself.

He smiles. "We should head home."

I pull my dress down as I try readjust myself on the limestone wall. "My dress is short."

He nods.

"You know," I say. "I wore it to piss Rocky off. At first it was kinda cute he was all concerned, and I was having fun. I wasn't really angry at him. I mean I was but not too much but then I got drunk and went a little too far. Promise you won't tell the real Rocky that."

He nods. "The real Rocky won't have a clue," he says grabbing my hand and the touch feels almost too real.

"Oh God," I say. "You feel real. I'm imagining things, right?"

Rocky smirks. "What would you like me to say?"

"That I'm imagining things," I say dropping myself off the limestone wall separating the walkway and the beach, until my toes curl around the sand.

"Then you're imagining things, Sky," he says.

I watch him jump down too. He's in the same suit Rocky was in. Geez, my imagination nailed him. He looks so lifelike.

"I want to swim," I tell the imaginative Rocky.

"It's a bit late," he replies. "And you're in quite a short dress."

"It covers more than my bathers," I tell him and run for the water.

I hear my name being called behind me but I continue running until my toes hit the water and the water builds up to my knees.

Rocky follows behind. "We should get out of the water."

I smile. "Let loose Rocky and just enjoy this," I tell him as I reach for his hand. Once again, it's very lifelike. I like how our hands feel together. I lean into him and kiss him lightly on the lips.

"Who was that guy?" I ask. "If you're not the real Rocky then you can tell me. I'm too drunk to remember tomorrow anyways."

"Sky," Rocky says grabbing my face in the palms of his hands. "Do you know Wilson and Wilson, the company?"