Time For Business

Waking up in the morning, Rocky is no where to be seen. I'm in the bed alone.

Pulling the doona away, I place my legs on the floor before yawning and stretching. There's no sound from our en-suite bathroom so he must be downstairs. I grab the black silk gown and slip it over my black silk shorts and cami before heading out of the bedroom.

When I get to the top of the stairs, I come to a stop. The sound travels up the stairs and I pull myself behind the wall hoping they don't see me. Whoever he's talking to must be the same person from the other day when he refused to tell me their conversation. It feels like déjà vu with the shouting and what not.

I know I shouldn't but I listen in.

"Sir, it's trickier than we thought. The police are so close."

I don't care!" Rocky shouts. "That's her family and her family business. Sky has worked hard for it. I cannot let it sink."

"But it's messy. If we involve ourselves, your business could also get dragged into this. Narcotic officers are already investigating the matter."

My heart begins to pound heavily. What's happened to the family business now? And what is Rocky doing? Why on earth are Narcotic officers involved?

"I don't care about my business," he says to the man. "Right now, I have a wife upstairs who will be shattered if anything happens to her family or their business. She is my priority."

I hear the man sigh. "I know she's your wife but you cannot throw away everything you have worked for because you love her."

"He's right, you know," I say walking down the stairs as Rocky watches me in confusion. "You shouldn't throw away everything you worked for because of me."

He glares in anger at the man before looking back at me. "You should rest, I am sorting this out."

I shake my head. "No," I tell him. "I don't care about the family business. Obviously it was never working. Look at all the mess we've gotten into because they have made bad decision after decision. They even at one point gave up on me. And I'm not going to let the one person who never gave up on me to sacrifice everything because of it."

I turn to face the man who I know notice works for a Rocky from the shirt he is wearing. "Please do what's best to ensure Hamilton & Co is not dragged into this."

The man nods before taking leave while Rocky faces me. I grab his face in my hands and kiss him gently. "Thank you," I say. "For always having my back but I cannot let you do this."

"But Sky, your-"

"No," I cut him off. "Don't make any excuses or give me any reasoning. None of them will be good enough. How could you drag your company into this. For Gods sake, Rocky. Narcotic officers are involved. That's not something you want to involve yourself in."

Rocky sighs beside me before wrapping his hands around my waist and pulling me closer. "Your family might lose everything Sky, and deep down you know you don't want that."

I nod. "Of course I don't want that, but if I had to pick, I'd pick your company of the family business."

Rocky kisses my cheek. "They're investigating though."

"Let them. If the business is involved then let them do what needs to be done," I say in frustration. "I'm tired. I have tried so many time's to keep the business afloat but my parents don't get it. If I'm completely honest, the one thing I cared about was my house because it felt like a home and I've already lost that so the rest is not worth fighting for. I have you and now I have this beautiful house that I've been able to turn into a home."