Secret Conversations

I look down at the ring on my finger. The light reflects off the diamond sending a spark in the direction of my eye. I close my eyes for a second, feeling the ring on my finger.

Rocky is talking to me but his voice blends into the background. Sitting on a stool, leaning against the kitchen island while Rocky whips up breakfast is an image I didn't think I'd see. It's happening though and he looks damn hot doing so. I watch him mix the the batter with a whisk before stopping in front of me.

"Sky, you okay?" His voice pulls me out of my thoughts.

I nod.

Rocky gives me a questioning look. "Did you hear what I said?"

I shake my head and look back down at the ring.

Rocky places the bowl on the kitchen bench and leans against the other side of the kitchen island so that we're face to face. "You sure you're okay?"

I nod again. "Just distracted."

"Distracted?" He questions.

I hold my hand up. "It's surreal," I tell him. "I cannot believe we're married and somewhere deep down I'm scared I'll wake up and it'll all be a dream."

Rocky leans in and kisses me softly. "You'll wake up and you'll find me right next to you, I promise."

I smile. "You look hot shirtless."

Rocky lifts an eyebrow in a seductive yet questioning way. "Do I now?" He says.

"Don't let it get to your head," I warn him.

"Too late," Rocky says making his way around the island over to me. He places a hand under my chin and tilts my head up so that I'm looking him directly in the eyes. He leans in and gentle brushes his lips against mine. The kiss makes me weak in my knees and I'm glad I'm sitting down for this. His other hand lingers just on the edge of my white t-shirt. He's teasing me and it's working because I sigh from his touch. Rocky picks up on the sign and slips his hand under my t-shirt exploring my bare skin. The way his fingers roam against my back makes me excited. I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him closer. "We should forget breakfast," I say.

Rocky smiles. "As much as that's a good idea," he whispers against my neck placing kisses right up to my jaw. "I'd be a terrible husband if I just thought about my needs. You need your breakfast."

I'm pretty sure my cheeks turn pink as I admit to him, "it's my need too."

Rocky's lips find their way to mine, his arm wrapping around my back and pulling me against him. The action forces me off the stool as I wrap my legs around his back and kiss him with some force. Rocky's hand travels down the length of my thigh as he gives it a squeeze, only intensifying the kiss.

The knock on the door draws our attention before Rocky pulls back. "I think I should get that," he tells me.

I nod. "If it's not important, do you think you could tell them to come back later."

Rocky smirks before planting a kiss on my cheek and placing me back on the kitchen stool. I watch him leave the kitchen.

A grin covers my face. I cannot hide it. This is what I imagined my life would be like as a married woman. Not the one I had with Rocky during the contract.

I dip my finger into the raw batter and bring it to my lips. This might make me sick but it'll be totally worth it.

It's only a few seconds later that the conversation by the front door gets heated. Both Rocky's voice and a strangers voice echo through the house, forcing me to hop off the stool and head for the kitchen door.

Shouting travels down the hall and into the kitchen. I pause in my track and turn my head towards the sound. I hear Rocky shouting followed by the slam of a door. My heart almost jumps out of my chest. Then I hear someone else's voice, possibly whoever Rocky was talking to, telling Rocky to open the door. I get up from the stool and head out of the kitchen.

What is going on?

The shouts get louder and before I know it, I slam into Rocky. He grabs me and steadies me. "You okay?"

I nod shaking my head to find my bearings. "Who was that?"

"Nobody!"

"That didn't sound good," I tell him.

Rocky runs his hand through my hair tucking a stray piece behind my ear. "Don't worry about it," he says as he walks past me and back into the kitchen.

I follow behind him. "Why was he shouting?" I ask. "Why were you shouting?"

Rocky shakes his head. "Just business, that's all."

"That didn't sound like business," I tell him.

Rocky's serious expression melts into one with a smile. He kisses my cheek and pulls back, "you look cute when you're worried."

"Are you avoiding my question?" I ask him.

"Great," he says clapping his hands and rubbing them together. "You can tell, so let's change the topic."

I don't like that but of course I don't push him further. My heart pounds at the idea of what the conversation could be about. "We're okay though, right?"

Rocky nods and pulls me into a hug. "We're fine," he says into my ear before pulling back. "Just let me worry about all of that, okay. I can handle it."

I nod even though I don't feel reassured. Obviously his last comment makes it sound like something has gone wrong.

This makes me angry, him keeping secrets.

He continues to beat the batter for another minute or so and turns to place a plate in front of me. I of course don't wait until my breakfast is ready and pull a strawberry from his plate.

Rocky watches me for a second. "Don't want breakfast?" He questions.

A small smirk appears on my face as I hold the strawberry, twisting it with my fingers. Subtly and gently, I bring the strawberry to my lips making sure Rocky is watching me, then I bite the tip off the strawberry seductively. When my hand reaches to his plate again, his hand snaps out and grabs mine. "Don't play with me," he says roughly.

I smile. "Why not?" I say as a whisper.

He growls pulling his plate back. "Enough," he says making his way to my stool. "If that's how you want to play."

I lean back holding my hand out stopping him from touching me. "I just want to eat the strawberries," I tell him. "Nothing else."

Rocky frowns as I grab for another strawberry from his plate. I hold the strawberry and gently run it across his lips before popping into my mouth. "Hmm, tasty."

His hand reaches for my thigh but I push his hand away. "Seems like I'm full," I tell him, hopping off the stool and heading out of the kitchen.