Bells Be Ringing

My fingers are sweaty. I'm nervous and because of it, I'm taping my leg uncontrollably against the ground. Steady breaths don't calm me and my heart is racing.

I didn't feel this way when I first agreed to sign the contract to be Rocky's wife for six months—so why am I feeling this way now?

I look down at the thirty six missed calls from my parents. The exact parents who let me down and sold me out. All for their own comfort, none of mine. They didn't think about me when they told me I was not their daughter, didn't think what it would do to me—their estate and company was far more important than what was going through my heart and mind at that given moment.

I don't want to talk. At least not right now. I hit send and that is all the response they're getting from their thirty six missed calls.

My terms. My conditions. But right now I am in no mood to fix a broken relationship. I send them another text to further advise them of my mood.

"How are we going to explain this to your family?" I ask Rocky.

He shakes his head. "We tell them we're married."

I watch him open the door and step aside to let me in. As I take a step in, the smell of wood hits my nose along with the smell of leaves and trees—nature. I forgot how much I missed this place, how homey it felt. How much I truly belonged.

"We need to be honest," I say facing Rocky as he too steps inside.

Rocky's eyes go to the ring around my finger. "I thought we were being honest," he says holding up my hand. "We're married, aren't we?"

I nod taking in his words. "Don't make me regret this."

He smirks placing a kiss on my cheek before pulling me further into the house, past the large staircase and into the living room. "Oh, you'll regret every second of it," he says with a grin as he pushes me onto the couch.

Hovering over me, his hands play with the edge of my white crop top, teasing my skin just at the edge of my top with his fingers. I take a deep breath. I also had forgotten how good his touch was, how desperate I was for it.

He leans in, planting a kiss on my neck and then gradually moving up my throat until his lips touch the edge of my lips. I don't let him play me like that because I wrap my hand around his neck and turn my face, our lips finally touching. As we kiss, I manoeuvre myself against the couch allowing Rocky's body to fall beside me. The couch is a considerable size and allows us to move against one another with ease.

Rocky's hand goes under my crop top and I hold my breath whilst his other hand rests on my hip. I press myself against him and continue to kiss him as if I've never been kissed before. My hands stop on the drawstring of his beige cargo pants. I loosen them with my finger as Rocky's hand finally cups my breast. I try to breathe but the sensation makes me weak. I feel things everywhere, down my spine, between my thighs, against my toes.

He unclasps my bra and with a swift movement pulls it free from my top. I forgot how good he was at that. I pull his black t-shirt over his body and throw it on the ground, my hand immediately touching and feeling every crevice between his abs and chest. I pull back and watch him. "This is good," I whisper.

"Oh yeah?" Rocky questions, and before I can answer, he twists me so that I'm now on top, straddling his hips.

A small grin appears on my lips as I gently lean down and kiss him. It's a small kiss, a subtle one but I call tell the effect it has on Rocky because when I pull back, he leans in further, his neck raising as if he doesn't want to part from my lips.

As I move my hips, Rocky smirks in my direction. "Don't tease me," he says breathlessly before his hands reach the zipper of my blue jeans.

"I'm not teasing," I say subtly shaking my head with a smile on my lips. "Not at all."