Show Time

Rocky had a lot of explaining to do. He spent the next morning in a meeting with the board of directors trying to explain why an investigation was put on Hamilton & Co to begin with especially since everything they do is clean. On top of that, matters blew up around his image of being a possible abusive husband. Luckily for him, the majority believed him knowing how he's been over the years although he did get a few questioning glances. He spent the morning after the meeting, answering call after call from business partners who were speculating about how this might affect them.

By the end of it, Rocky was in a good place with those who matters however it still was a national investigation and was to be done on a high scale.

Initially the police searched his US office and the main headquarters in Australia. And eventually it was handed over to higher up. Rocky was corporative, allowing them access to each nook and cranny, and access to any files. Rocky was taken for questioning and by the end of the one week investigation it was deemed that nothing was found but the investigation would continue.

My heart thumped when Mikayla cried at the front door of my hotel room. I quickly ushered her to find out that Nathan's company had been investigated for side-trading sex slavery.

"Is it true though?" I question her as I hand her a box of tissues.

She grabs one and shakes her head. "Of course not. Nathan wouldn't do a thing. This makes no sense. We started the investigation on Rocky and the paperwork showed that that was exactly what he did so how has this turned back to us...to Nathan."

She must be stupid. If you're going to open a can, you must ensure that you don't open a can of worms. Nathan's company has reached a success level that not plenty of companies have reached in a short span of time. That on its own is questionable. I wonder if she truly knows what Nathan does in the background.

This lying, manipulative good for nothing who cost me my child and possibly my relationship with Rocky not only in my teens but now as well, might not know that Nathan's company is trading in illegal side businesses let alone that Nathan is playing her. He doesn't love her, not if he tried a move on Rachel.

——————————

I sit in the car as the driver nods. "It's safe now, ma'am."

I nod. "Thanks Eli, but please call me Sky."

He nods as I step out of the car and quickly usher my way into the Hamilton & Co office.

Nathan was busy trying to clear his name so the office was clear for me and Rocky to show up. As far as his staff go, we're a happy married couple and that's exactly why I am here.

Using the key card Rocky provided me, I make my way over to level six where I know Rocky is having a very important meeting.

I don't knock, I walk in—confidence taking over me.

The minute Rocky notices me, he stops what he's doing and walks over to me, planting a quick kiss on my cheek. It doesn't go unnoticed that everyone has their eyes on us, trying to read the signs of a possible abusive relationship. My heart hurts, it truly aches to think someone like Rocky would be labelled like that. He's never dared to raise a hand on me and even when we were locked in the contract which I found after was never legalised, he was still good to me.

My eyes immediately find the old man at the front. He's in a black business suit rocking a fedora hat. For someone of his age, surprisingly he makes it work. He's watching me intently before leaning forward. "So we're aware you now own fifty percent of Hamilton & Co."

I nod. "It's been that way for a while." Rocky had hid this from me and I never questioned the countless documents he had me sign which in reality was signing over half the rights of the company.

He nods. "Very well. I'm sure you have heard the rumours. What do you have to say about them?"

My eyes immediately snap to Rocky who watches me nervously. He wants to step in and protect me from these men but this time it's my job to protect him and protect everything he has worked so hard for. Before he can say something, I reply, "If you're referring to whether my husband is abusive towards me, I wouldn't be owning half the rights to the company he built from scratch, nor would I be here today."

The old man watches me with shock and besides me, Rocky's hand gives my waist a squeeze. Even he is surprised.

I move away from Rocky, taking a step forward and forcing his hand to fall from my waist. I need to show them I am boss. I place both my palms flat against the front of the meeting table and lean in. "I do not tolerate aggression or abuse and let me make that clear. Nor does Hamilton & Co trade in any illegal activity. Rocky has kept this company clean right from the get go and it is our goal to keep it that way. You have all been a part of this process so you are all very much aware about what goes in and out of this company. We're an open book, nothing is hidden."

Every eye on in the room is on me. I know I have their undivided attention. "I'm sure you've heard of Nathan Wilkinson?"

Many nod but not all. This is reassuring, he's not as big as I thought. "He was to be our new business venture. Seems like in attempt to hurt our company, he has hurt his own. He is being investigated for plenty of claims, including sex trade and weapons trade. The exact investigations put on our company. He was here for the wrong reasons and now it's bitten him and the company on the backside."

A lady at the end of the table leans forward. "Are you saying that if we continue to support Rocky, it won't result in ruin, that our reputation will not be tarnished?"

I nod. "That's exactly what I'm saying, Susie."

Shock takes over her face as she registers the fact that I know her name. I did my own research. I know everyone's name and the part they play.

"We just need to wait it out. The investigations are still being carried out. We have allowed them access to every single data they need to carry out the investigations. We have nothing to hide and as soon as that's out there, this will all be over."

I turn for one second to watch a very proud Rocky staring back at me. I was merely supposed to be here to show my moral support and the fact that our relationship is healthy however I had to have a say. A powerful woman is not a woman who sits and takes abuse and that's exactly the message I just sent every single person in this room.