Click

I sit on the window seat of our bedroom and stare out at the clear view of the trees and the birds sitting on the branches whilst chirping. It all looks peaceful.

"There you are," Rocky's voice comes from behind me as he steps into the room.

I turn to face him, dropping legs off the seat of the window and onto the floor. "Hi," I say.

Rocky smiles. "Hi," he says sitting down beside me. "You okay?"

I nod. "Yes," I tell him. "It's just the past few months have been surreal."

He places a kiss on my forehead before wrapping an arm around me and pulling me into him. I rest my head against his shoulder.

Rocky took me to the doctor this morning. Apparently I'm over two months pregnant. I've been on the pill but the slight change of pills meant I was off the pills for a bit and we weren't careful.

It's strange to think that this is our future. We'll have a baby of our own. I still don't know what to think of it. Rocky is happy. He's genuinely happy. I'm confused. We've spent some time getting our head around our relationship and when we finally sorted it out, this thing with his business took place. I know I remarried Rocky after realising the first marriage never counted but it's been a short amount of time and I wanted more time with Rocky to build on that. I don't know how we will with a baby on the way.

Rocky gives my arm a squeeze. "You think too much," he says drawing me out of my thoughts.

I smile. "Do not."

He smirks. "I mean I could help with that."

My hands come up to his face, blocking his kiss but his hands do reach for my shirt.

"Don't you dare!" I protest. "That's how I got pregnant in the first place."

I get up from the window seat and run out of the room with Rocky right behind me. His hand wraps around my rib cage and he pulls me to his chest, my back slamming against his hard solid chest.

I laugh. "Did you just avoid grabbing my waist because I'm pregnant?"

Rocky smiles. "I don't know what's off bounds now," he says. "does that hurt the baby?"

I laugh grabbing the pillow from the long ottoman in the hallway and throw it at his face as I run down the stairs. "We're gonna be terrible parents because that makes two of us."

"Speak for yourself," Rocky says as he throws the pillow back on to the ottoman and makes his way down the stairs.

When he sees me in the lounge room, he charges for me. I hide behind the sofa and every time he takes a step to the left, I go to the right.

"Should you be running?" Rocky says. "You know, since you're pregnant."

I slam my head on the sofa as a sign of exaggeration. "Please don't tell me you're one of those husbands."

He laughs before grabbing my hand and pulling me into him. How he got there so quick, I have no idea considering I didn't even notice him move.

"You know your health and safety is my number one priority," he says peppering kisses against my neck.

"Hmm, how do I get a divorce," I joke.

Rocky's pushes me slightly where I think I'm about to fall onto the sofa behind me but his hand around my waist and back guides me gently down.

I laugh because normally he would've pushed me. He's just being gentle because I'm pregnant.

Rocky presses his lips against mine. It's soft and delicate and not at all like the kisses he generally gives. This feels sensual and sends tingles to my toes. I still get butterflies when he touches me. His fingers brush up my arm and I feel it all over my body. That one touch feels as if he has his hands all over my body. I tangle my fingers in his hair, pulling him closer and kissing him like it's the air I need to breathe.

He's intoxicating and addicting. I run my hand under his shirt, feeling each and every individual abdominal muscle that stands hard in attention.

"This is bad," I whisper, breaking the kiss.

"It's damn good," Rocky counters.

His lips find mine again and this time the pace picks up, it's a bit faster and rougher. It's exactly a Rocky style kiss. I crave it so bad that I fist his shirt and pull it closer, wanting to feel every bit of that kiss.

Rocky's hand works up my thigh before a sudden click stops us and Rocky's hand freezes against my thigh. "Don't move," he mouths.

I see the panic and concern in his face as he pulls away from me, the heat of his hand on my thigh disappears.

"Up now!" A voice roars behind me.

My throat hitches. Standing behind Rocky holding a gun to his head is a complete stranger. In Rocky's line of work they're not a complete stranger and that's an error on our part.

"Put your hands up," he says to Rocky and Rocky obeys.

The man then looks at me. His sharp gelled back black hair shines bright when the light bounces off it.  "You two, missy or your husband goes."

I do as he says and stand up, placing my hand in the air. Bile rises up to my throat but I take deep breathes to try and calm myself.

"Who are you?" Rocky asks.

The man swings the gun and hits the side of Rocky's head forcing him to fall on his knee forward. A scream escapes my lips as I watch Rocky stabilise himself against the floor. "It's okay," Rocky mouthes to me.

Even in this moment where his life is at risk and he's the one hurt, he still tries to comfort me. The tears fall down for that reason and that reason only. His comfort worked. His dedication and love towards me, that's what broke me.

My eyes go up and I watch the man carefully. Under his short sleeve shirt, a rather large flame tattoo peaks out on his right bicep. Towards the left, wrapped around his arm as a tattoo sleeve is tree with leaves wrapped around it as if the window is blowing haphazardly. I quickly notice a few names in the leaves.

Neil. Ayla. Wonda. James. Patrick. Mikayla. Nelson. Ava.

The man pulls Rocky back up onto his feet. "Get some rope," he spits at me. "Or else I will shoot him."

My hands get sweaty as I run towards the storage room. I've never seen rope in this house and till date I'm sure I still don't know where most things are in Rocky's house which is now mine but if it's going to anywhere, it'll be there.

I slam into the door, forcing it open. I pull box after box searching for rope. I know it's to tie us up and possibly kill us but if I take my. Time, what if he kills Rocky whilst I'm here.

Frantically, I search through the bags and boxes. All of it rubbish. I throw a box on the floor in frustration and then come to a stop in front of a box. I freeze when I see the contents inside.

And then my mind catches up.

Neil. Ayla. Wonda. James. Patrick. Mikayla. Nelson. Ava.

Mikayla.

Mikayla.

Mikayla.

Bloody hell.