Not You Again

With fisted hands, I storm right up to his office door. How on earth could this man do this? And if I get my hand on my old landlord, I am going to kill him.

Taking a deep breath, I knock on the door once before placing my hand on the door handle and opening the door.

I do a quick scan of what is in front of me. Bookshelves, couch, coffee table, filling cabinets but no CEO.

I press the door further open and walk in, my eyes immediately going to the desk on the right side which was out of my view point when I first opened the door. There at his desk, although facing out against the large span of window is a man, folded in his hand.

I clear my throat hoping to draw his attention away from the folder and to myself as I take another step forward. He doesn't look up from the folder and nor gives a reaction.

Suddenly my confidence plummets. "Excuse me," I say not as loudly or rudely as I intended.

His finger wrap around the folder as he shuts it tight and places it on his desk. When he slides his white chair around, my heart jumps out of my chest.

Rocky.

"What!"

"Good to see you too, Sky," Rocky says as he stands from the chair and closes the distance between us.

My mouth suddenly feels dry. "What are you doing here?" I say in panic.

"Sky, I own this place," he says with a smirk.

The look on his face says it all. Dread starts filling me and I take a step back from him. "Don't tell me you're my new landlord."

He smiles. "That would be correct."

"Why are you doing this?" I scream.

"Simple," he says, this time leaning forward and whispering in my ear. "To get you back home."

Placing my hand on his chest, I push him away from me. "Leave me alone, and give me the bloody key to go back home."

"Pay the rent first and I will give you the key."

"How much?" I ask.

"Two thousand," Rocky replies.

My mouth drops open. "A week?" I squeak.

He nods. "Yes."

"But I was only paying eight hundred a week."

"My house, my rules," he says with a grin. "Don't like it, find another place."

"Why are you doing this to me?" I say through gritted teeth.

"I have already told you, Sky," he sighs. "To get you back home."

"I'm not going home. I have already told you that."

"That's fine. Just pay the rent."

I feel like chocking him but I don't. "The money is at home where you have locked me out."

"That's not an issue," he says. "Let me drive you there."

How on earth am I going to get two thousand a week? My bank account is empty and my credit cards are declined.

With frustration, I fist my hands and hold them by my side. "I don't know what sick game this is but stop it now?"

"Sick game?" Rocky questions as he lifts an eyebrow. "I'm your landlord asking for the rent you owe me. That's generally how it happens, Sky. You rent a place, you pay for it."

"Arghh," I say I frustration as I stomp my feet and rush past him.

"How on earth did you even get this office?" I say loudly walking past the door of his office as I exit.