Chapter 11

Gulf sat beside Baifern's bed, looking empty. His mind flew somewhere. Baifern has been watching his face since earlier.

"Gulf?", Gulf didn't reply. Baifern snorted in annoyance, "P'Gulf!", she shouted a bit, making him jolted.

"Yes? Yes?", he stuttered.

"What are you doing here?"

"Accompanying you as usual. I do come here every day, don't I?"

"You came here for 4 times already by today. You came here every time your class has finished. Now tell me-..."

"I'm fine...", he cut her quickly. "Stop asking."

"It's weird. There must be something happened that I don't know about."

It would be so impossible for Gulf to tell Baifern the truth. What would've happened if he honestly said he was so drunk that he hooked up with his sister's ex-boyfriend slash douchebag, doing all the things they've done last night. His sister will have another nerve-breakdown moment and perhaps a heart-attack!

"Nothing. I was just a bit tired. I drank too much last night at the party"

"And so I heard...", Baifern nodded understand, "Spice told me today. You were so drunk that you didn't even know how did you get home."

"Yeah.", Gulf nodded, "Maybe Mild or Kaownah brought me. I haven't asked them yet."

"So how's the party? You know you're a bad drinker, why did you drink so much alcohol?"

Gulf sighed, "Long story. Bull got a bottle of free booze from one of Davis' gang, the owner of the club, can't really remember the name."

"Thanit? God?"

Gulf nodded quickly, "I think so..."

"Then?"

"I can't remember clearly. We drank, and then dance, then Bull ordered another bottle, and we drank, and I ended up on my bed the next morning"

Baifern wanted to say something, but Gulf knew what she wanted to say, so he cut her off.

"Alone... full clothing...and nothing happened, okay?", Gulf rolled his eyes.

"I should've guessed!" Baifern chuckled before she continues, "By the way, P' Gulf..."

"Hmm?"

"What do you think about Spice?"

"What about her?", Gulf pouted. He knew where this conversation will go.

"You know what I meant. She's a good girl and my best friend."

"So?"

"Don't you think it's time for you to have a serious relationship?"

"Hey!", he protested, "I was always serious. I never played around..."

"I think Spice likes you... very much..."

"Why did you think so?"

"I don't know. Woman's sense I guess... she's my best friend..."

Gulf chuckled and ruffled her hair, "Screw your sense..."

"But I'm serious. Maybe you can think about it... she's a nice girl and a good fit for you. Don't you think so?"

"She is a nice girl I guess."

"Well, maybe you can think about it carefully..."

"Well, maybe...", Gulf sighed. His mind flew somewhere away. "Maybe it's a good idea..."