Chapter 35

Dear readers,

Have a great lunch everyone. I perhaps will give you another surprise tonight by posting another chapter since I will not post on the weekend. I hope I can get at least 20 votes before dinner 😘. Cheers and happy reading!

Love,
V.L.A & J.X

~*** +++++++@@+++++++ ***~

God nervously sipped his ice coffee. He played his fingers on the table while his eyes gazed around, looking for the one he was waiting for.

"Mr. Thanit Itthipat?", someone called him from behind.

God quickly turned his back to see a neatly-dressed guy walked towards him. God stood up politely.

"No, no... please sit down...", said the guy fast as he followed God to take a seat. "I'm so sorry for the short notice. Once I received your call, I flied back here directly..."

"It's been a long time, Nadech..."

"Yes, I believe it is, Mr. Thanit."

"Would you like to drink anything?"

"Water would be sufficient..."

God called a waiter to order a bottle of sparkling water for the guy in front of him. That guy, Nadech Kugimiya, is Mrs. Davis' right hand. He is trusted to take care of all Mrs. Davis' personal needs, inside and outside of the office, including the well-being of her only child, Mew Davis.

"Mrs. Davis was very pleased to hear from you", he said again as he smiled.

"And where is she now?"

"Oh, she is still residing in France for some moment to take care of some business."

"Well, okay. I believe that you have told her about what I said?"

Nadech nodded, "Yes, I did inform her. She was a little bit surprised when she received your message. That's why she sent me here to discuss a thing or two with you. However, would you please kindly tell me again in detail so that I won't skip some important things when I need to tell Mrs. Davis about it?"

"Where do you want me to start?"

~*** +++++++@@+++++++ ***~

Gulf looked at the two plastic cups of pink milk in his hand happily. Baifern will surely be happy. It's been a long time she said to him that she really wanted to drink her favorite pink milk. Actually, it was a good thing to meet Jane. If he didn't meet Jane, he wouldn't find that little Thai restaurant. If he didn't find that little restaurant, how could he buy Baifern's favorite pink milk for her?

Gulf was stepping outside the door when he suddenly caught a glimpse of God walking suspiciously inside a coffee shop near where he was right then.

"Is that... God?", Gulf said to himself slowly.

He saw God gazed his eyes around to check his surroundings before he finally walked inside the shop. He looked very suspicious. With great curiosity, Gulf threw away the drinks on his hand to the trash bin and quietly followed God inside without him realizing. He quickly grabbed anything he could find on the counter and paid for it before he quietly took a seat near God. Every set of tables were separated with a separator, so Gulf believed God won't find out that he was also there.

Gulf peeked through the holes on the separator to see a neatly dressed guy approaching God. Who is he actually?

The coffee shop was not that empty, that's why Gulf was having quite a hard time to hear their conversation due to the buzzing sound of other people's chatting. However, Gulf was not stupid. He could hear a word or two, including the Davis' name, and connected the dot. Were they talking about Mew Davis?