Chapter 22

Tay Tawan sat on the bed with his lower body still wrapped in a blanket, showing his sunburned upper body. He stared blankly out the window, realizing that Newwie wasn't there anymore. This house felt really quiet without Newwie's presence. His heart felt dead, and he only realized it now.

He slowly got up and stepped inside the bathroom. He stood still for a moment in front of the mirror, watching the reflection of a glass filled with tubes of toothpaste and two toothbrushes of different colors. One of them is Newwie's. He sighed as he remembered what had happened this morning...

Tay woke up when he felt Newwie's warm breath on his face. He slowly opened his eyes and saw Newwie crouched beside the bed, looking at him with his soft gaze. Newwie stroked Tay's hair gently. Tay realized, Newwie was already fully clothed with his suitcase on his hand. It was still dark at that time and Tay could be sure that it was still really early in the morning.

"Newwie..."

Tay quickly got up and sit on the edge of his bed. Newwie laid his head on Tay's lap. Was this just a dream? Or was this real?

"Where are you going?"

"I will be moving back to my dormitory. Maybe it would be a good idea to give each other more time to be alone for now..."

"I don't understand... I thought-"

"I was so glad that you have found your way back home, but Tay...", Newwie sighed, "I think I need more time to understand everything. I was hurt once before and I don't want that to happen again."

"Newwie...", Tay pleaded as he held Newwie's hand. "I promised I will change. I admit I was wrong to vent my anger by betraying you. I was so hurt and disappointed because you never acknowledge everything that we had. I was confused why... why have you never been opened and acknowledged our relationship. I even got angrier because you chose Earth rather than me. I never understand that he was a precious brother to you. I was so selfish and I realized I was wrong because I should have understood you better. I should be able to give you more time. I was stupid. It all started with a one night mistake and it went on. When I realized my mistake, I had fallen so deep that I could not back down. I don't want to leave you but I can't hurt him either. Now, in the end, I have hurt both of you."

"Tay..."

"These past few days I have been pondering over my mistakes until I finally decided. I will explain everything to him and break whatever relationship we had. I promised I will change. Can't you give me a second chance to change? Don't you trust me that I can change?"

"Tay", Newwie sighed with a sad look on his eyes. "Trust is earned not asked. But currently, I don't even trust myself if I can go through this kind of feeling again."

"Newwie, please?"

"Tay. For all these times, I've been whispering in disappointment and facing you half-heartedly. I became someone, I, myself, didn't even recognize. I kept silent, I gave you time. But you fell deeper that now we were all stuck in this love pull scenario. I used to be stupid enough to love you and just close my eyes, pretending everything would be alright. These past few days, I kept thinking to myself, was this worth it. Why did I do this? And now, at the end, I felt really suffocated."

"Newwie?"

"Tay, listen to me...", Newwie smiled as he put his hand on Tay's cheek softly, "Let's just give ourselves more time to be alone and think whether we've chosen what was right for us. When the time comes, I believe we will be more mature to decide what's best for us."

Tay kept staring at his reflection in the mirror. He gritted his teeth in anger as he punched the mirror in front of him to the point it broke into pieces, making his hand shed fresh blood. Was it too late already? Why are humans so greedy that they stop only when they've lost something so precious?

~*** +++++++@@+++++++ ***~

Gulf and the gang, including Baifern and Spice were enjoying their lunch in the canteen when suddenly Davi approached them in a hurry, almost out of breath.

"Guys, guys...", Davika crashed his body on the bench. "Listen, listen..."

Spice rolled her eyes, "Now what?"

"I heard the rumor about the new transfer student who should be joining us soon!"

"A he or she?", Bull asked curiously.

"A she. I heard she's a top-notch girl, perfect in all aspects. She should be here in a day or two...", Davi replied fast.

"Not interested!", Baifern, Spice, and Saint replied in unison.

Davi narrowed her eyes suspiciously towards Saint, "Are you gay?"

"Wh-, What? N-, no...", Saint stuttered, "I meant like I wasn't really interested in a relationship now, so it doesn't matter for me if it's a she or he..."

"Gulf", Davi changed her gaze to Gulf who was still busy munching his food without even listening, "P'Gulf!"

"Huh?"

"I just wanted to let you know this. Maybe you will be interested. I heard from Baifern that you were looking for a girlfriend", Davi said boldly.

"He what?", Spice and Saint cut Davi in unison.

Now it's Bull turned to look at Saint in confusion, "Why are you so surprised? Gulf is a guy, of course by default, he's looking for a girlfriend..."

"It's not like that...", Saint defended himself, "It was just all of us were almost together all the time, but why didn't I know this?"

Gulf snorted, "Because I wasn't looking for one. It was Baifern's idea for me to get a girlfriend."

"P'Gulf!", Baifern glared at Gulf deadly.

"What?", Gulf returned her glare, "It wasn't my idea in the first place..."

Davi snorted in annoyance before she finally took her leave, "Whatever. I'm going. I need to know more info. See you guys later on!"

Baifern chuckled, "Such as gossip girl..."

"I know right!", Spice shook her head desperately.

~*** +++++++@@+++++++ ***~

Mew stepped out from the toilet with a girl on his arm, right when God was actually walking through the corridor behind him.

"Mew Davis...", God called.

Mew turned his head to see God was walking towards his direction. The girl winked to Mew before she finally walked away, leaving both of them.

"What's up...", Mew greeted him.

God sighed, "Would you stop doing that?"

Mew chuckled, "Doing what?"

"Whatever...", God shook his head desperately. "Are you going home?"

Mew nodded, "I think so. I have no more classes today. I'll be heading back to my condo. You wanna come and have a drink at my place?"

"Alright. Should I ask the other?"

"Yeah, why not..."

Both of them were walking to the parking lot when Mew suddenly heard someone's calling his name with a soft voice.

"P'Mew..."

Mew turned his back to see who was calling him. God did the same before he dropped his jaw to see who was there. Mew didn't show any expression at all. It was like he didn't recognize her at all.

"J-, Jane?", God asked in disbelief.

The girl smiled as she walked towards the both of them.

"Long time no see, P'Mew... P'God..."

~*** +++++++@@+++++++ ***~