Chapter 31

The sun slowly entered the hospital room which was dominated by white and smelled of 70% alcohol. Art slowly blinked his eyes. His whole body ached to the point that he seemed unable to wake up from his sleep. Is he dead yet? He only remembered that yesterday he was beaten to death, then afterward... he didn't remember anything else.

He wandered his eyes around. Was this heaven?

"You're awake?"

Art jolted in surprise. He searched where the sound came from and found a tall, well-built guy was standing near the table, pouring some water into a glass. That guy walked slowly to approach him. Art felt a bit scared so he pulled his blanket upwards to protect himself. The guy chuckled as he put the water beside Art's bed and helped him to sit. Art kept looking at the guy in confusion.

"I won't wait for you to wake up if I wanted to hurt you.", the guy pointed at the glass beside him, "Drink more water. You need it..."

"Wh-, who are you?", Art asked, stammered.

"I'm someone who brought you here. My name is Thanit Itthipat, but you can call me God..."

"G-, God?", Art widened his eyes in surprise.

God nodded, "Yeah, you heard it right, kid! But I believe you're younger than me, so yeah, you can call me P'God if you wish..."

"P'God...", Art followed. "I'm Art..."

"I know. You told me yesterday", God smiled, "Do you want me to call the doctor? How are you feeling?"

Art massaged his temple. "What had happened?"

God narrowed his eyes, "Didn't you remember what happened? Should I call the doctor to check if you have any severe concussion?"

Art shook his head, "No, no... I remembered I was beaten by those seniors to the point that I almost died. I don't know why they did that but I don't think I did something wrong..."

God smirked, "Those bastards. They were just bored. Don't mind them..."

"Were you allowed to carelessly beat people if you were bored?", he asked God in confusion.

God chuckled, "Well, this is H.I.L.L.S. The stronger wins!"

A few moments later, suddenly the door opened harshly and Mew Davis stepped inside while dragging a bald-headed man who was covered in blood. He grinned as he threw the guy in front of the hospital bed. God gasped in shock.

"Are you crazy? This is a hospital!", God scolded Mew.

"I know... so what?", Mew grinned.

Art kept looking at their direction without blinking. Wasn't that the bald guy who had beaten him up yesterday?

"What are you doing then?", God asked desperately.

"Hey, kid!", Mew turned his gaze towards Art, "Seek your own justice! I've helped you this far, so don't disappoint me!"

"Oh, Mew...", God wiped his face in frustration.

Sometimes God didn't really know what Mew really thinks. Was he normal? Was he crazy? God couldn't make sure of it.

Art kept looking at Mew and the bloody guy in turns. Mew grinned.

"Come on! Do something! You need to learn how to stand on your own feet..."

Without thinking twice, Art tried hard to wake up from his bed. He pulled off the IV tubes attached to his body by force and walked towards the battered guy limply. Art gritted his teeth. Letting go all of his anger, he started to punch the guy again and again with all of his might.

"Mew...", God warned Mew.

Mew signaled God to just shut up. God sighed desperately. Should he stop him or should he not?

After a while, Mew finally pulled Art away from the bloody guy who looked like a pulp now. Art tried to free himself from Mew's grip as hard as he could but this would be impossible because Mew was too strong for him to do that. Art then used his last resort by biting into Mew's hand as hard as he could. Mew winced in pain as he threw Art back to his bed. Art shouted in pain.

Mew looked at Art in annoyance, "You know how to fight me back! Then why didn't you do anything yesterday, you moron!"

God was more relaxed now. He laughed at Mew, "Serves you right, you bastard!"

"Fuck you!", He snorted to God and turned his gaze towards Art who was now wincing in pain on the bed, "Remember this! You're a guy! Stand on your own feet and don't ever expect others to come and save you!"

Art kept staring at Mew for a long time. He wanted to say something, but he was too afraid to do that. Mew rolled his eyes as he stared back at Art irritatedly.

"What?", Mew asked him harshly.

Art gulped, "Wh-, who are you?"

Mew looked at Art sharply as he answered, "Remember my name. I am Mew Davis..."

~*** +++++++@@+++++++ ***~

That day was a normal day where Gulf practiced soccer until it was dark. He took a deep breath when he realized that he had to pass through the dark school park again to get back to his dormitory. He only has two options, whether to see a ghost or Mew Davis. He sighed desperately, to tell you the truth, he didn't want to meet either of them. So what should he do now? Will it be better if he chooses to go another way? But if he chooses that way, it will take half an hour longer than he should.

Gulf was jolted in surprise when his mobile phone vibrated inside his pocket.

"Fuck!", he muttered as he took his phone out of his pocket and saw Bull's name on it. "What!", he quickly answered.

"Where are you?", Bull shouted on the phone.

"I'm on my way home. Why?"

"We're hungry!"

"And what does it have to do with me?"

"Today would be Saint's birthday celebration! Did you forget?"

"Oh, shit! I totally forgot!"

"Be quick!"

"Alright! Alright! I'll walk faster!"

Gulf hung up and sighed desperately. There's no other way. He will need to arrive home faster.

"Oh, fuck it!"

Gulf grumbled as he decided to pass through the dark school park so that he can arrive faster. He was walking fast when he stumbled on something.

"What the!"

Gulf squinted to see more clearly. Was that... a person? He walked closer to find out it was again Mew Davis, laying on the ground. Was he asleep? Or was he drunk?

"Hey!"

Gulf tried to kick Mew's feet slowly to wake him up. Mew did not budge. The hell? Was he sleeping or was he dead?

"Mew Davis!"

Gulf kicked his feet again a couple of times to wake him up, but he still didn't budge. Was he really dead? He slowly squatted down beside him and tapped on his cheek a little bit harder while calling his name. The more he called his name, the harder he tapped on his cheek.

"Die...", Mew mumbled, "Just die...! You need to die!!"

Before Gulf can do anything, Mew suddenly leaped towards Gulf like a wild animal. Gulf was so shocked that he fell backward on his butt. Like a lunatic, Mew's eyes turned red and he choked Gulf so hard. Gulf tried to free himself but Mew was much stronger than he was. Gulf couldn't free himself from Mew's grip. His oxygen was running low and Gulf was barely able to breathe.

"M-, Mew... Da-, Dav-, Davis...", Gulf stuttered, almost choked to death. "It-, It's m-, me... G-, Gu-, Gulf..."

~*** +++++++@@+++++++ ***~