Chapter 38

God approached Mew who was sitting next to the hospital bed where Art was sleeping soundlessly at the moment. The doctor said that there was nothing serious happened to Art. It was perhaps because of fatigue, supported by erratic weather and lack of nutrients, his body endurance was deteriorated. He just needed lots of rest and healthy food, to begin with.

"Are you going to stay here tonight? Do you want me to get you anything for your dinner?"

Mew shook his head slightly as he lifted his face to look at God, "No, I'll be fine. I'm not hungry. You can just go home. I'll just get something on the vending machine later on."

"Don't you think it would be better to call his parents to let them now?"

"He's okay now and I can take care of him..."

God sighed, "Well, okay then... I'll see you tomorrow...", God patted his shoulder before he finally took his leave.

Mew nodded as he turned his gaze back to Art. He slept peacefully, though his face still looked pale. Mew stared at his face deeply. He traced his face with his slender fingers, starting from his forehead, down to his eyes, his nose, his mouth before he finally caressed his cheek softly. There was something tickling his heart when he did that. No one knows how much he wanted to protect the sleeping boy in front of him. Mew was indeed not someone who is able to vent his feelings or say sweet words to those around him, but he was not a heartless person. He does care about people, though he showed it in a different way... annoying way perhaps.

Mew kept stroking Art's cheek until finally he leaned his head on the edge of the bed and began to fall asleep.

It was around 10 PM when Art slowly woke up from his sleep. He blinked his blurry eyes a couple of times until he could see his surroundings clearer. He smiled to see Mew was sleeping beside him while holding his hand. Art felt warm. There was this feeling that he couldn't describe. Carefully, he let go of Mew's hand and stroked his hair softly as he kept staring at his sleeping face. He knew that this was wrong, but Art couldn't deny that he has this special feeling towards Mew Davis. Everybody knew that Mew Davis is a typical bad boy, impolite, rough, annoying, loves to fight and looked down on others. However, Art didn't think that way. In his eyes, Mew Davis is a kind person, someone who always cared about him and protected him in his own way. Art idolizes him, Art looks up to him, Art... likes him...

~*** +++++++@@+++++++ ***~

"Jen, he needs to die, Jen! He needs to die..."

Jane was talking in her sleep. Her body started to sweat and her eyes were twitching so hard. It was merely some second before she woke up from her nightmares. She gritted her teeth and her tears started to trickle down her cheek. She jumped out of bed and walked to her study table in anger. She threw everything that was on the table, including dozens of photos scattered on it like a lunatic she was. She left only one picture with Mew Davis and Gulf Kanawut there and took a knife out of the drawer. She then pierced the picture right on Mew Davis' face as she shouted in anger.

Jaylerr rushed inside and saw the room was in a mess. A lot of things scattered on the floor and Jane was holding a knife, again, on her hand. Jaylerr ran desperately to hold her body so that she will not hurt herself just like she used to do before. He tried hard to confiscate every sharp object he could find inside her room, but he always missed one or two every time. He didn't even know how Jane could get all of those kinds of stuff. This time, Jaylerr was sure that Jane didn't take her pills as she was supposed to. He needed to pay more attention to her I guess...

"Jane... Jane...", Jaylerr tried to hold her body, calling her name to put some sense on her mind. "Stop it, Jane..."

"Let me go, P'Jay!", Jane struggled hard to break free of Jaylerr's grip.