Chapter 39

Mew walked down the campus corridor with a smile on his lips. What happened last night kept continue to spin on his brain.

"Yo, Mew!"

Mew turned his back to see God was walking towards his direction. Mew stopped his stepped as he nodded.

"Where are you going?", Mew asked.

God showed his electro book and put it inside his bag, "I have electrical class after this. You?"

Mew chuckled, "I finished Math just now, I have no more class after this."

"Hmmm...", God paid attention to Mew's smiling face, "Are you okay?"

"Me? Yeah, why?"

"Math and your smile don't compliment each other. Why were you smiling?"

"Did I?"

God narrowed his eyes in confusion, "Tell me what happened..."

"Nothing..."

"Mew?"

"Seriously nothing. What are you talking about?", Mew chuckled.

They walked for some time until Mew suddenly stopped his step. His facial expression changed. God followed Mew to look in the same direction. There he saw Jane was having an intimate conversation with Gulf. God took a peek at Mew's grim face.

"Hey-"

Before God can continue, suddenly Mew held on to the pillar that stood firm beside him. His head hurts, like being stabbed by thousands of knives.

"Arhh...", Mew winced in pain.

"Mew?", God tried to hold Mew's body.

Mew trembled. He suddenly felt a lot of images appear in his brain. He saw Jane and a guy, chatting happily inside his brain. That guy... he couldn't see it clearly. That guy looks like Gulf, but no, he's not. Who is that guy?

"Come on", God worriedly continues, "I'll take you back..."

"Art...", Mew mumbled.

God face paled. "What did you say? Mew? Are you okay?"

Mew held onto God's arm, "God, I saw someone... someone in my head..."

"Who?"

"I don't know... he looked like Gulf, but he wasn't him... "

"What are you talking about?"

"Art... that word came again on my head."

"A-, Art?", God mumbled nervously.

"Is that a name? Who is Art? Do you know Art?"

~*** +++++++@@+++++++ ***~

"P'Gulf..."

Gulf saw Jane was smiling to him, outside of the locker room. Gulf put his book inside his bag and threw a smile back at her.

"Hi..."

"Are you going to practice soccer after this?"

Gulf nodded, "Yes."

"Can I come with you?"

"Sure. Are you going to take more pictures?"

Jane shook her head, "Nah, I just feel like it... It's fun to see you guys play."

Gulf shrugged. "Alright then."

"Besides, we can grab something to eat after... with your friends too..."

Gulf nodded, "Good idea... Let's go then..."

"Let's go..."

They were walking through the corridor towards the soccer field when suddenly Gulf caught a glimpse of Mew taken away by God. Was there something wrong? Mew didn't look okay. Gulf fell into his own deep thought when Jane suddenly nudge him.

"P'Gulf?"

"Huh?", Gulf jolted in surprise.

"What were you thinking?"

"Oh, uhm, nothing..."

"We almost arrived... ", she reminded him.

Gulf nodded before he continued, "Oh, by the way, Jane..."

Jane turned her head to look at Gulf in confusion, "Yeah?"

"How long have you known Mew Davis?"

"Me?", she gave it thought for a moment before she finally answered, "I don't know... since we were in high school I guess. We used to play together. Me, my sister Jen, my brother Jaylerr and my best friend Art..."

"Art?", Gulf hissed in surprise.

"Yes, Art. Why?"

"Did you know Art?"

"How could I not! He's my best friend... me and my sister's best friend... Why did you ask?"

Gulf gritted his teeth in annoyance. It seems like God forgot to mention this to him last time. Why didn't he? Was there anything he tried to conceal from him?

"P'Gulf?", Jane called him, but Gulf didn't budge. "P'Gulf?", she called his name again, this time louder.

"Y-, yeah?"

"We've arrived", she smiled as she pointed to the stadium.

"Oh, right", Gulf chuckled, "Just sit anywhere you like. I need to get change..."

"Sure..."

Jane waved as she watched Gulf disappeared from behind the changing room. Without anyone noticing, Jane smirked...

"Phase one... start now...", Jane mumbled in a low tone as she smiled cunningly.

~*** +++++++@@+++++++ ***~

Mew was sitting alone on the couch inside their lair. He massaged his temple slowly as his head still hurt from today's attack. God has already left for his class, leaving him alone with a cup of warm water and aspirin.

"Art..."

Mew kept repeating the word, again and again, trying to remember anything about it. It was just weird. This mystery... he was so sure that God hid something about this. He knew God since they were little. He definitely knew if God was lying to him, and this time, he is. He definitely tried to hide something about this Art. But what was it? What was so important about this Art that God needs to hide it from Mew?

And why? Why this word suddenly appear in his mind recently... after... after he knew Gulf? No, it wasn't ... was it after... Jane's coming? Does this have to do with Jane? What does it have to do with Jane? Would she know something about this Art? Would she tell him about this Art if he asked her?

~*** +++++++@@+++++++ ***~