1.2

Elizabeth's pov

Momma clenched her fist and pulled away from him, "Who the hell do you think you are?" She slapped him across the face causing me to gasp but also want to bust up laughing. A slap is the least he deserves after all he's done. Momma huffed, "you left me! You left me for years!"

I sighed, "Kaleb, come on buddy let's go get you some food." Kaleb nodded and ran over to me. He hugged my legs, "Auntie El!" I laughed and bent down to pick him up. He snuggled into my arms. I smiled at my soulmates who were giving me these looks. I took Kaleb into the kitchen and sat him in the chair.

I went to cook when Nat kissed my cheek, "I've got it. Go spend time with Kaleb." I smiled at her, "thank you." I went over to the table where all the guys and my 5 year old nephew were sitting. Clint smiled, "Hey buddy," Kaleb giggled, "Uncle Clint!" I shook my head, "trader." He snuggled into my arms, "Auntie," I kissed the top of his head. Tony smiled at me softly, "how are you doing?" I shrugged, "they're talking. I swear, I only asked Monica if she could visit me!" Tony rolled his eyes, "I don't care. Nat and Arrows told me she would randomly drop by anyway. Baby, this is your home too." Thor chuckled, "the child is so small." Kaleb pointed at Thor, "Big!" I laughed, "yeah, he's a big teddy bear." Kaleb frowned, "teddy?" Clint snickered, "come here, buddy."
    Clint was best friends with Monica's first soulmate they were both in the circus together before they ran away. When my dad recruited them and they became partners. A few years later Austin and Monica met. Clint hasn't been the same since Austin went MIA. it's almost been two years and there's still nothing on him. It's like he never existed except we know he did.
I laced my fingers through Clint's when my sister walked in with a smirk on her face. I raised an eyebrow, "what's with that look?" She wiggled her eyebrows at me, "the tension in there is terrible so I sent them home." I looked at her stunned, "Moni-." She huffed, "don't say it." I rolled my eyes, "you've got to stop. This is going to end terrible, again." She huffed, "what if carol was here?" I scoffed, "then this wouldn't be a problem." She scoffed, "losing a soulmate is terrible. It's one of the worst feelings and dads gone through it twice. Mom's already lost carol-." I sighed, "is this about Austin?" Clint tapped my foot with his, "Elizabeth," I shook my head, "no. Clint, we all know that Austin would want us mourning like this. Monica, you have other soulmates waiting for you. Austin supported you in finding them. You shared two of them as it is. Find them if not for yourself then for him. He would never want you to be this sad." She shook her head, "stop." Clint sighed, "Babe, really." I huffed, "why don't we talk about him? Kaleb deserves to know about his father." Monica crossed her arms, "I know you and A-Austin were close but please. Just stop." I sighed and nodded once.
   Clint sighed, "girls, that's enough. Austin wouldn't want any of us acting like this. Monica, Liz is right. We both know that Austin would want us both to be happy and to let him go." Monica shook her head, "I-I can't." I sighed, "you can't or you won't?" She huffed, "what would you do? What would you do if one of your soulmates was missing? Or dead? What would you do if you had no body and could still feel their presence but everyone else gave up? Liz, I'm making the same mistakes dad and mom made. I can't- I can't. Don't you think I know I can't do that? I can't raise my son the same way we were raised. I watched dad push mom away because of carols disappearance and I won't let it happen again. I-I won't turn into him." I grabbed her hand, "Mon, no one said you were." She pulled me into a hug as she started crying. I sighed and hugged her as she cried her heart out. She sniffed, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry I've been such a terrible sister, I was supposed to protect you from everything-." I cut her off, "Monica, you've been a great sister." Nat scoffed, "you've been a great sister to Clint and I since you met us. Monica, it's okay to be upset but you need to live your life." I smiled at my redhead. She smirked and sent me a wink.