4.4

New York 2012

I looked around and gasped. Steve looked at me, "El, are you okay?" I nodded, "I-I'm fine." We saw the hulk run and smash something. I looked at Bruce who was hiding his face. I bit my lip to stop myself from laughing at my soulmate's reaction to his old self. Bruce shook his head. I smiled and placed my hand on his arm. He sighed and tilted my head up so I was facing him, "I love you." I smiled, "I love you too." He ran off and started fake smashing things.

I looked at my other soulmates who were all talking about a plan. Steve grabbed my arm, "your with me." I nodded as I looked at Tony who gave me a soft smile, "I love you." I kissed his lips, "I love you 3000." He smiled and ran off with Scott. I laced my fingers through Steve's, "you ready?" He sighed and cupped my cheek, "let's get them back." I nodded.

Time skip

I was waiting for Steve to get down here so we could leave when I saw Steve from the past. He looked at me confused, "El?" I smiled, "Steve," he raised an eyebrow, "what's going on?" I bit my lip, "Steve, I need you to listen to me. okay?" He looked at my eyes, "you seem different and more...Mature " I nodded, "Steve, listen to me. There's a lot going on and I know your confused but I need you to trust me."

Suddenly my Steve was grabbing my waist, "El, let me handle this." I shook my head, "go meet the others. I promise I'll be okay." He frowned, "El,-." I grabbed his hand, "Steve, I promise." He cupped my cheek, "I love you." I smiled, "I love you more." He chuckled and was about to respond when we heard tony over the coms, "Loki got away with the cube." I froze and looked up at Steve. He sighed, "I've got it." He pointed at the younger version of himself, "keep her safe." He ran off.

Steve raised an eyebrow, "Loki got away." I sighed, "I'm sorry." He shook his head, "this isn't your fault El." He touched his mark and I felt the tingles run through me, "I'm sure you have a lot of questions." He was about to respond when I saw my dad and my younger self. I froze, "D-daddy." Dad raised an eyebrow, "Rogers, what is this?" Younger me raised an eyebrow, "your... me? How is this possible?" She brought her hand to her back and I sighed, "I'm not loki. However I need your help." Dad raised an eyebrow, "why should we help you."

I ran my hand through my hair, "because I'm your daughter. Ask me anything you want and I'll answer correctly." Elizabeth raised an eyebrow, "I have an idea." Dad sighed, "Elizabeth." She glared at him and signed to me 'who is the red star?' I signed back, 'I can't tell you exactly because it will ruin the surprise but he is someone you will share with another soulmate. He is someone you will love so much your heart feels like it will explode when you are apart which unfortunately happens a lot. He will need you more than the others do but he will also need time.' She sighed and used ASL once more, 'can I really trust you?' I nodded. She sighed and looked at dad, "she's telling the truth. Let's go meet the others and see if we can help you." I smiled and nodded. I tapped my mic, "meet me in the conference room."

Elizabeth linked our arms, "this is so strange." I nodded, "you have no idea." Once we arrived at the conference room all of my young soulmates were there a long with my tony, Steve, and Scott. Tony raised an eyebrow at me, "Elizabeth, start explaining right now." I sighed, "Tony, i know we agreed on not being seen by our-." "No we agreed that if you joined us you would stay out of trouble. It looks like the opposite-." "Don't you dare say I'm the one who needs to stay out of trouble. I found a solution-." "A solution. Really? Elizabeth, what if loki was the one to find you?" I crossed my arms, "Tony. Are we really going to get into this right now?" Steve sighed, "both of you stop it. This isn't the time nor the place." Tony snickered, "look who's still around. Do you need a cane?"

I rolled my eyes while Steve shook his head but chuckled, "Tony, just wait." Tony huffed, "Keep younger me out of this. But man did I look good." I rolled my eyes and looked at younger me, "Liz, you know it's not to late to just run off with Clint." Everyone gasped at me. The dramatic people *cough cough* Tony. Both of them. Gripped their hearts. I rolled my eyes, "they only get worse." She smiled, "I'll take that challenge." I smiled, "good."

Liz looked at me and sighed, "I do have a question for you." She bite her lip. I sighed, "yes. You carry a full term pregnancy and end up having many beautiful children. Liz, you do lose a lot in the process though. You lose pregnancies, friends, and family but you will figure it out." I looked at all of my younger soulmates before I grabbed her hands, "together."

Clint sighed, "sorry to cut this short but what exactly do you need our help with?" Nat sighed, "and how are you here? I mean your from the future?" Tony hugged my waist, "we are. We can't tell you how yet-." "Time travel was invented-?" I scoffed, "oh yes over juice pops." Our group snickered while the younger versions looked confused. Tony shook his head, "never mind that. What's important is we are here and we need to find the cube." Tony scoffed, "Loki got away with the cube. We don't know where or how to find him." I sighed, "we need another time." Tony stood up, "I got it. There's another way to retake the tesseract and acquire new particles. A little stroll down memory lane. Military installation, Garden state." Everyone looked at each other confused. Steve sighed, "when we're they both there?" "They were there at a time... I have a vaguely exact idea." Steve gave Tony this look, "how vague?" Scott cut in, "what are you talking about? Where are we going?" I sighed as Tony and Steve kept talking ignoring Scott completely.

Steve handed Scott Loki's staff, "get this back to the compound." Tony, "suit up." I slammed my hands on the table, "you two. What exactly are you planning on doing?" Tony sent me a raised eyebrow, "no." I crossed my arms, "excuse me?" I saw all my young soulmates take a step back, whistle or avert eye contact. Steve sighed, "Liz, we don't know what we're going to find." I nodded, "that's exactly why you need me." Steve grabbed my arms and ran his thumbs over my sleeves, "Liz, listen to me, please. Just this once stay here." I frowned, "I don't like this." He put his forehead to mine, "we know that. We all know that but if we want to save them it's the only chance we have. You need to go with Scott. Make sure the kids are okay." I sighed, "Steve." He brushed a piece of hair out of my face, "trust me." I nodded. He kissed my cheek, "good." When we pulled away Tony shook his head, "if she crashed my car im going to strangle her." I shook my head, "she's been through a lot give her a break. Besides, She's taking care of the kids." He sighed, "be safe." I laced our fingers together, "how could I be any less when everyone else is endangering themselves. At least one of us has to be there for the kids." He gave me a weak smile, "I mean it." I nodded, "I know." He ran his hand over my face, "trust us. We will be back before you know it." I sighed, "Tony." He gave me a small wink, "Elizabeth, trust me." I bite my lip, "be safe." He smiled, "that's my girl." I smiled and shook my head, "I mean it. Both of you. Please, be safe." They nodded. Tony kissed my lips, "I love you." I placed my hand over his, "I love you 3000." He laced our other hands, "I know it's been a hard- well few years but we're going to fix it." I shook my head, "Tony, don't. Please. Don't turn this into a goodbye." He sighed, "last time I didn't I almost died. I'm not risking it again." I felt my lips quiver, "t-Tony." He hugged me, "I love you. No matter what happens don't forget that." I shook my head, "don't die and you can tell me over and over again. Please, don't make this goodbye." He pulled away slightly and kissed away my tears, "you know none of us know if we will go home. I'm not risking it. Not again. I need to say goodbye to you Incase I don't-." I rapped my arms around his neck again, "Tony." He kissed my neck, "I love you so much." He pulled away and kissed my lips one last time before he told Steve the locations and year.

As soon as they were gone I fell to the ground. I started crying. I didn't care who was in the room or who saw me. I felt someone Wrap their arms around me and whisper, "everything will be okay." I sniffed, "daddy. I-I miss you so much." He hugged me to him tighter, "what do you mean?" I sniffed, "there's ears everywhere. I-i can't tell you. I-I have to go. I-I need to make sure everyone is safe." I stood up, "I-I need to get home. Oh my babies. They are properly worried sick." Nat sighed, "Liz, take a deep breath." I took a deep breath and sighed, "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry about all of this. We've intruded and caused a mess of everything." Clint sighed, "Liz, it's okay. But you need to calm down." I shook my head, "I-I can't. I can't calm down. We have to get back to the compound. I'm sorry. Please, be safe. All of you." They gave me a confused look. I grabbed Nat's hand, "thank you." "What for?" I smiled, "for being you. Don't change who you are. I've always loved you and I will never stop no matter what." She smiled. I put suited up, "let's go. I have to get to the kids." Scott suited up, "sure thing boss lady." I rolled my eyes and put in the location.