4.5

Elizabeth's pov

As soon as we all got back I noticed that Nat wasn't there. Clint fell to the floor and started crying. I rushed over to him and hugged him. He whispered, "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." I felt the tears prick my eyes as I looked up at Bruce who fell to his knee and punched the floor.

Time skip...

We were all sitting on the doc out side the building. I put my feet in the water and sat there. I didn't know what I was supposed to do. I had lost so many people and soulmates but this felt different. I hadn't felt the pain that I felt when Loki died. I mean I was obviously heart broken but the pain that excruciating pain I felt the minute Loki died isn't there. I heard thor say, "As long as we have the stones we can bring her back-." I perked up until Clint said, "can't get her back." I turned to face him, "what do you mean? Why not." He looked at me with a sad look, "it can't be undone. It can't."

Thor chuckled, "I'm sorry. No offense but your a very earthy being, okay? And we're talking about space magic. And "can't" seems very definitive. Don't you think." Clint uncrossed his arms, "yeah, look, I know I'm way out side my pay grade here.  But she still isn't here, is she?" I sighed once Clint started yelling at thor. I stood up and rushed over to them, "it was supposed to be me." He looked at me like he broke me. Like it was his fault that she was gone. I shook my head sadly. Bruce picked up a bench and through it, "she's not coming back." I shook my head, "t-there has to be something. T-that pain you get when a soulmate dies-... we haven't gotten it. That pain where the world is falling part and there's nothing that fixes it... maybe Thor's right-." They all looked at me with heart broken looks.

Bruce sighed, "Liz," I shook my head, "there has to be something-." Clint raised his voice, "Elizabeth." I looked at him and he shook his head, "there's nothing any of us can do. She knew what she was doing and she knew how you both would react but she wouldn't let me take her place." He sighed, "come here." I walked over to him and he grabbed my hand before he closed his eyes. I was placed inside of a memory. The memory of her death. Of them fighting. Of her last words. I gasped when i was brought out. He gave me a sad look, "I'm sorry." I sat down, "she's gone..."

Everyone started talking about how they were going to make her death worth it. I sat there and waited for anything to show me that she was actually alive and this was all a nightmare. Tony grabbed my hand, "you coming?" I nodded, "yeah." He put his arm around my shoulder and kissed my temple.

Once we got into the building I went to Nat's bedroom and sat on her bed. I hugged her pillow, "Nat, please don't be gone." I put my hand to her mark but all I felt was cold. I closed my eyes, "I-I need you." Still her Mark was cold and just like that the pain hit. That excruciating pain that I had when Loki died. The pain of my soul splitting once more... I fell to the floor and screamed.

Violet's pov

I heard my phone vibrate and I quickly rushed to it. I saw it was Pietro calling and I quickly answered, "H-hello?" "Vi, where are you?" I felt tears run down my face before dad grabbed my arm, "vi," I sniffed, "is everyone there?" "Yes. What's going on? Where are the kids?" I whipped my eyes, "Pietro, I'll see you soon. Okay?" He sighed, "okay." I smiled, "I love you." "I love you more, beautiful." I hung up and looked at my dad who gave me a soft smile, "it worked." I was about to respond when a bomb hit the building.

Lila's pov

I was sitting with Maria, Echo, Morgan, Luca and Pepper when suddenly Peppers phone started ringing "I'll send them to you know!" Pepper looked at me, " I nodded, "Maria, echo, Luca go pack." Pepper shook her head, "it's fine El will grab it next time she's here just go. They are probably super confused." I smiled and nodded, "thank you." She nodded. We all rushed to the car and got in. Luca rolled his eyes, "please tell me you know how to get home." I scoffed, "I know how to get home." He rolled his eyes, "it's only been 5 years since we've been back." I huffed, "Luca, I know how to get home." He sighed, "just gps it." I sighed and put in the address before driving.