4.8

Elizabeth's pov

Bruce finally woke up from his nap and pulled me into his arms. I smiled, "good morning." He yawned, "I'm sorry." I shook my head, "you're fine." He kissed my head.

Maria walked into the living room and sat next to Bruce who threw his arm over her shoulder, "hey, Marz." She snuggled into his chest, "hey dad." Bruce raised an eyebrow, "Marz, what's going on?" She sighed, "Cole's soulmark itches. It's like he's near by but he isn't. He told me he had to help Laura with stuff at the farm and make sure Luca didn't try to run away with Lila. So he can't be here."

I pressed my lips. Everyone knew cole was surprising Maria, "I don't know Marz, maybe your mark is just acting up because you've been apart for so long and know again." She huffed, "yeah. It could be... you're proud right." Bruce kissed her head, "I'm sorry it's bothering you. Maybe peter has time today? School starts next week and you two haven't seen each other much the last few days." She sighed, "he's mad at me." I tilted my head, "want to explain that?" She huffed, "ever since dad died he's been acting weird. He barley talks when we're together and when he says anything its always how sorry he is. He's blaming himself and it wasn't his fault. It wasn't anyone's fault. I just don't understand. Dad and I would stay up late in the kitchen and talk about peter and Cole... he kept a picture of peter and I behind his work desk. He said that if he had to give his baby girl one gift it would be that I had them back... he did that. He gave his life to save us and peter feels like it's his fault. He's hurt and I can't help him. I-I can't do anything to make him feel better because I feel just as broken."

Bruce hugged her to him and sighed, "neither of you are broken. Hun, you're 12 years old and I know you've waited 5 years for them to come back and everything be how it was before but it won't be. Unfortunately nothing will ever be how it was before." She sniffed, "I-I know that. I just miss my best friends. I miss my Pete and Cole. I can't be with Cole all the time like I want to be and peter is acting so weird and it hurts." I grabbed her hand, "Marz, Cole is only a call away and you can always ask someone to drive you to visit him. No one will ignore you especially when it comes to being around your soulmate who you were away from for 5 years. We all understand that and we support you no matter what." She gave a soft smile, "you think I should call peter?" I gave a wink and nodded once. She sighed but went back to her room.

Maria's pov

Once I got to my room I closed my eyes and ran my hand over peter's mark. After a few tries he finally touched the mark and we were pulled into a dream land

"'Marz? Is everything okay?" I sighed and flopped into the grass, "I miss you." He gave a soft smile, "I'm right here." I raised an eyebrow, "that's not what I mean and you know it." He sighed, "I know. I just... I don't want you to hate me." I tilted my head, "Pete, I could never hate you. It wasn't your fault." I sniffed, "Pete, I know it's hard for you but he sacrificed himself for all of us. For you and me. For Morgan and my mom. For pepper and happy. For everyone. He didn't want us to be in fear for the rest of our lives. What if you vanished again? What if violet vanished and she was pregnant... what if my mom vanished? I love my dad I always will just like I know he loved me and he still does. The same way he still loves you. Pete, please just come back to me." He hugged me, "I never left you. Marz, I'm right here. I'm right here." I hugged him, "I've felt so alone and scared that I was going to lose you forever. You aren't just my soulmate. Your my best friend and I couldn't handle that." He kissed my head, "I know. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere." I bit my lip, "okay." He pulled away slightly and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, "Maria, you are my best friend and soulmate. I would never risk messing that up." I smiled, "I know." He smiled, "good." I rolled my eyes, "how's May?" He shrugged, "she's good. She still wants to see you." I smiled and looked down, "maybe I could come visit you for a day. Take the train or something." He chuckled, "Maria, you can visit me anytime you want but I promise your parents won't let you take the train, bus or subway." I have a half smile, "good point." He sighed, "I'm sorry to do this but I have to go. May needs me." I smiled sadly, "it's okay. We'll talk later." He hugged me tight, "okay. I want to here about everything we haven't talked about next time we talk. okay? I want to know everything I missed those five years." I shook my head, "Pete, I told you." He smiled, "fine. I want to know about every part of your day and every part of your day for the past five years. I want to know everything about you, Marz." I blushed, "okay. Okay. I promise." He smiled at me before we both left our dream world.

I opened my eyes and sighed. I had no idea how I was going to be able to make time to visit both of them and go to school. I didn't want to miss anymore time with them but I knew my parents (and the guys) would force me to go to school. I just had to make a schedule or something. I missed my best friends more then I could explain.