6.2

(Short time skip)

Violet's pov

We were having a family day at the penthouse when suddenly Nick's phone started ringing. El sighed but didn't say anything. Nick walked out of the room and answered the phone. Maria rolled her eyes, "mom," El shook her head. Dad sighed, "maybe it's important." Mom raised an eyebrow. Dad nodded, "right." Nick walked back into the room and sighed, "have you guys heard of the X-Men?" Everyone nodded. Nick sighed, "well a few of them are here. They actually need to talk with Maria and Cole." Cole raised an eyebrow, "why?" Dad crossed his arms, "Like hell am I letting them near my kids." Luca sighed, "grandpa, why would they want to talk to Marz and Cole?" Nick crossed his arms, "because one of them knew your great great grandparents."

Liz crossed her arms, "why would they want to talk to both of them?" Nick sighed and pulled out two files, "Charles Xavier had these scanned over a few hours ago." Maria looked at the front picture and tilted her head, "I-it's me... h-how is that possible?"

Nik sighed "we're not sure

Nik sighed "we're not sure. That's why Xavier wants to come talk to you and Cole." Maria sighed and handed Liz the file. She frowned, "how is this possible?"

Elizabeth's pov

I sighed as I looked at this picture of my daughter but it wasn't her. Clint grabbed my hand, "El," I shook my head, "dad, my child is not a reincarnation of this woman. It Isn't possible... it can't be-." Dad sighed, "unfortunately I don't know much on the subject." I looked at Bruce who sighed, "I can't give a straight answer Liz. The past few years have been insane this could be true." I ran a hand over my face, "how would that even work?" Bruce sighed, "let's not get to into details right now. We're not entirely sure what's happening. All we know is that Maria looks like one of your ancestors. It's very common in genetics to have multiple people look identical."

A few people walked into the building. As soon as the man with the weird hair saw Maria and Cole he froze and stared at them. He cleared his throat, "this isn't real. This isn't real. I'm seeing things. They died. They died." I raised an eyebrow, "excuse me." He looked up at me, "sorry." Maria raised an eyebrow, "you saw us a few weeks ago why didn't you say anything about it then?" The Man sighed, "I didn't get my memories of that life time back until after I saw you both. You look extremely like them though. Your great grandparents that is."

Maria's pov

Cole crossed his arms and pointed at Logan, "wait, your saying that you knew our great something grandparents?" Logan looked at Charles Xavier who nodded. Logan sighed, "Anne and Philip. When I saw you both I knew I had recognized you from somewhere." I froze, "wait... if our grandparents were soul-." Logan shook his head, "unfortunately they weren't." Cole raised an eyebrow, "then how-?" Logan sighed, "you're saying that our great however many time grandparents loved each other although they weren't soulmates?" Logan nodded, "Anne knew she was different before they started dating. She was born without a soul mark while Philip had one. They faced many problems while they were together but ultimately the one that destroyed them was when Philip met his soulmate, Abigail. You see Philip loved Anne more then anything else, they were in the circus together and she taught him how to be a trapeze not that he ever preformed it." I gapped, "she was a trapeze?" Grandpa Nick huffed, "my grandmother was a special woman. You are a lot like she was, Maria."

Logan Nodded, "you are actually almost identical in every way. Both of you, it's almost as if you are their doppelgängers or reincarnations." Cole pinched his nose, "Nick, why did you wait to tell us this? You've known all this time but didn't say anything?" I nodded. Grandpa sighed, "my grandmother told me when I was very young that one day she would be with her love. You are both identical to them and Logan might have a point-." Mom shook her head, "Dad, if you say my daughter and her soulmate are the reincarnation of my great grandmother and her true love I might freak out."

I shrugged, "that would be kinda cool though." Everyone looked at me. I smiled, "I mean come on! Epic love story that ended with them being ripped apart because she didn't have a soulmark? Maybe it was a soul trace it's not the first time a soulmark hasn't appeared and soulmates have been ripped apart. But both of their great great grandchildren end up being them reincarnated so that they can be soulmates! That's so cute!" Violet rolled her eyes, "we need to re introduced you to the definition of cute. Cole tell your soulmate she's crazy." Cole rolled his eyes, "Marz, I think you hit your head a little to hard." I rolled my eyes, "even grandpa thinks that."

Logan sighed, "kid, look. As much as I miss Philip and Anne they are gone. You both look exactly like them and you have similar personalities to them but they lived their lives and now it's your turn." I smiled at Cole, "studio?" Cole shook his head, "Maria," I smiled, "our turn to live our lives." Grandpa handed me an old piece of paper, "you should have this." I grabbed it and opened it. It was song lyrics and it was addressed to Philip. I tilted my head, "she sang?" Logan nodded, "they both did." I smiled, "you can re-write the stars." Cole was reading over my shoulder and pulled his phone out, "hey Jess, you know where grandpa keeps everything?" "Yeah. You remember that book with the year 1850 on it. Can you drive that over to me? Thanks. I'll send you the address." I gave him a confused look, "what?" He shook his head, "there's another page. I remember seeing it at my grandparents house. They kept everything from the family. When my grandmother died my grandfather put everything away. He didn't want to be faced with all of their family history." Grandpa raised an eyebrow, "he kept his great grandfathers journal?" Cole nodded, "he's a history buff."

When Jessica got to the building she texted Cole. He ran outside and came right back.

He flipped through the book until he found it and handed it to me, "it's a song. They sang it together. When they had a fight." I smiled, "she got angry and started practicing." We shared a look and he shook his head, "Maria. No." I smiled and ran. He huffed, "Maria!" I heard him chase me so I quickly locked the door and got ready. Before he could use his key to get in. He shook his head, "Maria," I looked at the lyrics again. He grabbed my hand, "marz?" I put my head to his, "please." He sighed, "fine. Let me see that." I smiled and continued to get ready.

As I was walking away he started singing and we started dancing like we were performing. I felt like our entire family was there. As soon as we were done performing for no one we broke apart and heard cheering. I froze, "that sounded like." He whispered, "tony."