2.9

Civil war- Elizabeth is 21

Elizabeth's pov

I was baking cookies with my 2 year old son, Luca and my 1 year old daughter Maria (Tony's daughter)  When my phone rang. I quickly answered it while eating a piece of cookie dough, "hello?" I heard Nat say, "El," I smiled, "hey Nat." Luca reached for the phone, "'Mama!" I shook my head, "Luca, mama wants to talk to me." He huffed. Maria giggled and stuck the spoon of cookie dough in her mouth. I snatched it away from her, "Maria!" I huffed, "sorry. We're making cookies for when you all get home." I heard tony grumble, "tell her." I raised an eyebrow, "What's going on?" I snapped my fingers at Luca who went to push his sister off the stole. He huffed and sat back down.

Steve sighed, "the government gave us the option of becoming their property or retiring." I sighed softly, "what are you guys going to do. Maria Anne Stark, put the spoon down this instant young lady." She threw the spoon on to the ground and huffed. I closed my eyes, "sorry. The kids are being real... crazy today. So what are you guys thinking." Nat sighed, "Tony and I are wanting to sign it." I sighed but nodded, "I'll support you all no matter what." Steve excused himself from the room and I knew something was wrong. Tony sighed, "you think we're making a mistake." I sighed, "Tony, that's not my place. As long as you are all safe, I'm happy."

I took a deep breath, "I should go. The kids are being restless. I love you guys." Nat sighed, "love you too." Tony whispered, "love you 3000." I hung up and looked at my two demon children, "mommy was on the phone with daddies and mama. You have lost the option to make cookies now." The started whining. I crossed my arms and grabbed their hands and pulled them to my large bed. I lifted them up and tucked them in, "you are both taking a nap now." They both started crying. I left the room and lightly shut the door. I walked into my personal kitchen and finished the cookies.

Not even a minute later my phone rang again I looked down and frowned, "Steve?" I heard him sniff, "Hey, Liz." I sighed, "what's wrong?" "S-she's gone." I sucked in a breath, "I'm so sorry. What can I do?" I could practically see him shaking his head, "I need you..." I nodded, "of course. Steve, I love you." "I love you too." Then he hung up. I sighed and quickly called Clint, "hey El," I sighed, "anyway you can come to the tower?" He sighed, "what's going on?" I ran a hand through my hair, "Peggy died and everyone's choosing sides and the kids are being demons." He sighed, "I'll come pick them up and take them somewhere safe for a few days. Give you time with Steve." I sighed, "did you decide?" He sighed, "I would rather retire then have the government control me." I nodded, "thank god." He chuckled, "you don't agree with Nat and Tony." I sighed, "I don't trust the government. The avengers was meant to be a team of heroes not a government owned property." He sighed, "I know. Look I'll be there soon. I love you." I smiled, "I love you too."

London

I was sitting next to Sam while Steve was helping carry Peggy's casket. He sat next to me and I grabbed his hand. I listen to Peggy's niece give a speech about her.

Steve, Sam and I walked Peggy's niece to her hotel. Steve sighed, "I have to know. While you were spying on me did she know?" Peggy's Niece rolled her eyes, "aunt Peggy had a lot of secrets. I didn't want her to have to keep one from you." Sam ran over to us, "you guys might want to see this." We all ran into the other room and saw on the tv that a building had been bombed. Steve looked at me with sad eyes, "call tony or Nat." Before I could do that I saw that they were blaming Bucky. I frowned when I saw the picture of the guy, "that's not him." Steve sighed, "Elizabeth, call them."

I pulled out my phone and called Nat, "hey Liz. We're fine." I instantly relaxed.

I was sitting in our hotel room when my phone started ringing. I sighed, "hello?" "Send me your location I'm coming to pick you up." I raised an eyebrow, "Nat, what's going on?" "there's not enough time to explain." I quickly sent her my location and she sighed, "I'll be there in five minutes." I hung up and threw my clothes, uniform and gun in a bag.