Lance Corporal: The Plan (chapter 2)

LANCE CORPORAL - The Plan (pt. 2)by galateabellator, Oct 6, 2013, 9:43:53 AMLiterature / Fan Fiction / Romance

PART 2 - THE PLAN - Levi x OC

"We will do whatever you request from us, Commander... but, it's a fact that we are outnumbered", Captain Gustav said. "Just look at my men. We have been reduced to fifteen soldiers just after the last mission! No matter how hard we try, fight and resist, we just end up being eaten or smashed to the floor, or on the walls in the end... just like flies! If you ask for my opinion, I say that Wall Maria is definitely lost for humanity."

"There are more than thirty titans out there, commander!" smaller cadet with a shaved head protested in disbelief. Connie Springer. The one from Ragako.

"That's right. I'm not asking you to voluntarily jump into their mouth, your mission is the same as it's always been... fight the titans till your last remaining breath, like you did so many times before," Erwin said calmly. Yeah, let's just kill ourselves straight away.

"Given the circumstances, it would be better and faster if we'd just jumped into their mouth!" someone from Romulus' unit shouted angrily. Pretty young, arrogant and furious girl... who also happened to be a splendidly good fighter.

"Despite the numbers... I'm not saying that I wouldn't fight, Commander. People are people," cadet Springer wanted to explain himself properly.

"Commander, I have a suggestion," light - haired boy stood up. I quite liked Armin Arlert. His blue eyes were serious and focused on Erwin. His friends Jaeger and Ackermann were widely known. He himself had brilliant strategic mind. Both me and my soldiers have witnessed how quickly he was able to navigate in action. His plans have saved recruits multiple times while operating in the field. Despite his age, I dare say that he rivaled both Pixies and Erwin in art of planning. The number of his titan killings wasn't great. In fact, he only killed in mass, using his strategies (and with help of other soldiers). Exquisite judgment. Resourceful and stable. Armin was very deductive person and someone like him was more than welcome in my unit. I have offered him the position any time he saw fit.

"If we leave things as they are, the rest of the civilians will be eaten. Considering that they have managed to hide from the titans, of course," Arlert continued. "I suggest you send Eren Jaeger to assist with killings in his titan form..."

Jaeger was a legend. Everyone relied on him as (currently) the most powerful weapon against the Titans. Erwin was about to gamble a lot on his latest asset. They told me Eren was a very determined and brave guy. I looked him better. Brown hair, piercing emerald eyes. Handsome. Exotic. If I were younger, I'd have probably have a crush on him, but given our age difference, it wasn't even an option. Besides, I was always into older guys.

The others have been quite carefree around Eren, because he was under the Levi's command (or, rather said, control) but that didn't mean that he wasn't dangerous.

Naturally, the older soldiers regarded him with suspicion. They were afraid of him, even those who were closest to him. Levi's whole squad, my ex squad... was afraid of the boy, and that meant something.

"Eren was eaten during the first transformation! Ten titans cornered him and dismembered his limbs!" cried Kirschstein. "No one can guarantee us that this time will be any different!" The guy was annoyed. Other soldiers seemed to share his feelings.

"But before that, he killed at least dozen other titans. I think it is doable if we put Mikasa Ackerman to protect him," Arlert continued with quite positive attitude.