Lance Corporal: High Risks (chapter 17)

LANCE CORPORAL - High Risks (pt. 17)
by galateabellator, Nov 1, 2014, 2:56:03 PM
Literature / Fan Fiction / Romance

WARNING: Strong language, and slightly sensitive content (in terms of action and fight).

PART 17 - HIGH RISKS - Levi x OC

The yellow bolt hit her, transforming her limbs into a giant mass. The titan formed in front (or, should I say, below) of me before the body even hit the ground. The force of shifting caused a large amount of wind which threatened to blow me away from my posture, but luckily, the iron wire was strong enough to support my weight. I've held onto it to maintain the balance.

The ground shook heavily when the newly formed titan fell, making the cloud of dust after the impact. Had the titan bodies been as heavy as expected, the ground would probably part under the pressure. Luckily for us, when this one appeared, it only produced a minor earthquake. I was using the iron wire from my piston to advance towards the titan while going down, and I was using bricks and window frames to support me while switching the location of my anchor.

Thankfully, she wasn't inside the castle when she changed. This way, she broke a few trees around the main HQ, and stables were partially hit, which meant we probably lost some horses... but hey, I can stand to lose a few of those unfortunate animals in comparison to human lives. Always chose the better of two evils - that's my motto. (Some would beg to differ if we take into account that those horses were special breed, astonishingly fast and strong - and it's not like all our soldiers were greatly skilled on the battlefield. But hey... people over horses for me, anytime).

"Schwarz!" Kirk shouted after me, "Stop the chase! Wait!"

I seriously don't have time for that now, Kirk...

I took a good look at the creature underneath me. She was around twelve meters tall, one arm missing even in her titan form - but it was re-forming really, really fast, out of a thin air, accompanied by the fumes which rose around it. As the bones grew, the layer of reddish meat covered them. The skin occasionally grew over, but not in every place. Her teeth started to grow out too, and each and every one of them seemed to be doubled. She had too many teeth now. And there goes all my effort.

She was well-proportioned for a titan. No over-sized head or defective limbs. She seemed rather strong in structure. Her light, brown hair fell around her spooky, skull-like face, and wide, large eyes. They were still olive green, but her appearance changed a bit – her face gained sharper features and her body had additional muscles. Her nose was longer and sharper, and her jaw was enormous, and terrifying. She was trying to get up, but had some sort of difficulty. Something was out of the ordinary, and I would bet my whole supper on the assumption that it was Hanji's drug.

I was finally in the range where I could hurt her, but didn't move against her. She was lying on her back, and the nape of her neck was covered, so I've just observed, with drawn blades which were screaming to be soaked in titan's blood. I've waited for her to get up. Patience, now. Patience, Ezra.

She rose. Slowly. And then...

"SCHWARZ, STOP!" A sudden cry, thick with rage and power, tore through the air. It stopped me in the middle of going towards Christiana. Shit. I wanted to take care of this bitch myself. You'd expect Erwin to be behind this order, but this voice belonged to a female whose shouting ability could rival my own. I've heard her all the way up where I was standing. And her voice stopped me. Just like that. Old habits die hard, I guess. Whenever this woman gave an order, I'd obey. She yelled again.

"ALL THE TEAMS, FIRE!"

The mechanisms moved, activating the Special Target Capture Weapon. It consisted of multiple barrels which had seven tubes – those served to carry coiled wires with arrowheads at both ends. It was the same thing Erwin and Hanji used against the Female Titan. The arrowheads dug deep into this titan's flesh, and formed a massive, shiny web around the target. (But, there wasn't enough of them. Not nearly, or I was expecting something beyond military's available resources).