Lance Corporal: Bitter End (chapter 25)

LANCE CORPORAL - Bitter End (pt. 25)
by galateabellator, 1 week, 6 days ago
Literature / Fan Fiction / Drama

Warning: This chapter includes spoilers from manga, some scenes of violence and gore, though I am not sure it deserves a mature filter. Also, it contains a lot of swearing, in standard EZRA way. xD

PART 25 - BITTER END - Levi x OC

Sudden things... just happen fast and ruin all your regular plans.

A lot has happened for a really short amount of time, so I had to delay the interrogation of Christiana, who was held in custody by Hanji's squad. We have discovered that The Armored Titan... and the Colossal Titan... escaped their imprisonment once again.

Reiner Braun has escaped and took Lotte Metzger. It was speculated that my cadet was involved with planning his escape. And while I knew that Lotte loved him dearly... I hadn't expected she'd betray me this way and go with him instead. Even more because she was the one who helped with capturing him in the first place.

But, it appears I have to get used to getting betrayed by people I love the most.

Merely days after, Aurora sent Regulus to retrieve the Colossal Titan from Mitras, but Regulus arrived tad late. Bertholdt Hoover has fatally wounded cadet Rosemarie Sohner, and started to run. Vladimir wounded him in the process, but the shifter still managed to get away.

And to think that I was rooting for that brat and cadet Sohner. These days, young love is so fickle. The girl was brought to the hospital, and it was debatable whether she'd be able to walk again.

Things have managed to get even worse. Eren managed to get captured once again, by Reiner and Bertholdt. Erwin lost his arm in the attempt to retrieve Eren. What Eren lost, or better, whom... a friend from the Garrison, soldier named Hannes.

My own squad suffered heavy losses. Among the deceased were Anastasia, Joshua, Klaus, Thomas and Hannah. I felt like an utter failure for not being able to protect my own cadets, but there were too many titans, and not enough soldiers to fight them. The shifters managed to ran away again.

Like that all wasn't disastrous enough... the Scouting Legion Legion was on the verge of disbanding. Erwin was accused of being involved with death of Dimo Reeves, got captured, and almost hung for crimes he hasn't even commit. Hanji took his place, and we have tried our best to find out the truth behind the whole charade.

You can imagine our surprise when Eren got abducted again, this time, with Christa Lenz, who has discovered to be Historia Reiss. Her father, Rod Reiss, was seemingly the real ruler of the Walls all along, and King Fritz was just the substitute.

Levi went through a turmoil himself. Kenny has showed up, much to our surprise. He blew Nifa's head and almost killed me during the abduction of Historia and Eren. Levi fought him in the city, and it was a tough draw.

We, the scouts, were marked as public enemy number one ever since Erwin was facing a trial. Hanji took over in his stead, and we followed her lead, trying our best to play this political game. She did an amazing job. We have managed to expose the corrupted soldiers, the truth about the monarchy... but not without paying the price.

The whole fiasco ended with the coup being successful and Erwin being alive... but Orvud district was almost breached by Rod Reiss, who turned into titan (he previously decided to convince Historia to turn and take the power away from Eren Jaeger, who obviously ate his own father to obtain the Founding Titan. It was disastrous and heartbreaking).

Moreover... Kenny has died in front of Levi, and it shook him pretty hard. Him being an Ackerman was also a surprising revelation. The biggest shock for me was... when Kenny said something that seemed really unfitting.