Lance Corporal: Commander's Call (chapter 19)

LANCE CORPORAL - Commander's Call (pt. 19)
by galateabellator, Feb 4, 2015, 4:47:23 PM
Literature / Fan Fiction / Romance

WARNING: Strong language, and implied sensitive content. Consider yourselves warned, and proceed with precaution.

PART 19 - COMMANDER'S CALL - Levi x OC

Here's what I've found upon entering the HQ.

The crowd, which consisted from soldiers, was pretty upset and confused due to the latest turn of events. They were shouting and protesting to Erwin's calm composure, and carefully chosen words. Some of the present soldiers were borderline-rebellious because they were angry with Erwin.

The Military Police volunteers were the most upset now, and demanded a detailed explanation from our dear Commander. Erwin just told them what was necessary and that they can complain about him directly to the Military Tribunal after the whole thing was over. But, it was still far from over.

"... so, the mission is currently aborted, or rather... delayed because the titan-shifter appeared this morning and attempted to destroy the HQ. We suspect it had accomplices, so certain soldiers were brought in for the questioning. It will all be over very soon, I dare say in a few hours... so, I ask for your patience, and your understanding. This is the critical point. A crucial point. Therefore, remain here until we settle this matter, and let us finish what we have started. You shall all be informed about the development of the situation, after we acquire all the information. But, until then, please... remain calm, and wait until we figure out what exactly happened out there. That's all I can share for the time being. Refrain yourselves from creating unnecessary commotion."

Erwin sounded calm, polite and refined, as usual. He hasn't raised his voice once while he was reporting to the crowd, who grew restless and impatient. The soldiers started arguing, asking questions about titan and about mission, complaining about the way Erwin and his closest soldiers handled things, and they even dared to threaten him with the Court. They were also asking about missing comrades, and about the sudden appearance of the North Unit section (who wasn't present at the last night's meeting). What a mess.

"Lance Corporal. Assistant Corporal. Join me in the office," Commander ordered, turning his back to the rest of the soldiers and left the chamber. Needless to say, people were simply outraged by his behavior (and I am being polite when I describe it that way). Well... there was more in the store for them when Lance Corporal gave his orders.

"Jaeger, Ackermann, Kirschtein," Levi called, "secure the perimeter." Eren, Mikasa and Jean blocked the entrance, forbidding others to abandon the meeting room. Armin, Sasha and Connie blocked the exit on Levi's other order. Lance Corporal spoke again.

"No one is to leave this building. No one, until this shit is clarified. Any objections?"

The soldiers were now shouting, loudly and rudely, and their voices merged in my ears. It really pissed me off. I was tired and I needed sleep, not noise.

The North Unit's members joined Levi's squad, silently, and obediently, adding extra force to his team, in case the situation gets really ugly. But I understood why Levi wanted to secure the room. After all that happened, we couldn't allow to any possibly-hidden shifters to leave after Christiana got exposed.

Everyone is a potential suspect at this point. Everyone but a few. I wonder...

"Corporal Levi! What the Hell is going on?"

"Why are you doing this?"

"How many people are accused of conspiring?!"

"Levi! How come that titan-shifter appeared at this point? Is it someone we know?!"