Lance Corporal: Cornering The Prey (chapter 24)

LANCE CORPORAL - Cornering The Prey (pt. 24)
by galateabellator, jul 28th 2015
Literature / Fan Fiction / Drama

Warning: This chapter includes some scenes of violence and gore, but it isn't for a mature filter. Consider yourselves warned :)

PART 24 - CORNERING THE PREY - Levi x OC

Hanji didn't seem tired like we were - on the contrary... she was as energetic and cheerful as she has always been. I almost envied that character feature of hers.

"Before we proceed..." she put her arm around me, and squeezed me into a tight hug, "... those were, by far, your best moves!" She took my cheek with her hand and squeezed it. I stopped for a moment before realizing that she witnessed my apprehension of Christiana – much like Erwin and Aurora.

"Probably the best I could pull off in that moment. She did almost cut me in half," I stopped her, because it was embarrassing. "But thanks," I added, removing her hand from my face. She giggled.

"After witnessing the whole thing... damn. I think that your combat mark should be officially corrected into eleven!"

"I am still not as good as..." I started, only to hear footsteps approaching us. Two familiar faces appeared. One of them was rolling his eyes and the other was grinning widely.

"And there she goes again. Not as good as Mike?" Collin offered. Brett just smiled wider.

"Corporal Schwarz is a Warrior Goddess. She turns into full-war mechanism when dealing with titans and shifters!" he insisted enthusiastically. He just loved to exaggerate my qualities, and Collin usually backed him up.

"Yeah... Corporal Sharp is definitely a sharp, badass bitch – no offense..." he started...

"None taken..." I've instantly responded, per habit...

"... but we must praise Lance Corporal's influence riiiiight there," Collin continued, pointing his forefinger at Levi, "... because she wouldn't be who she is today if there wasn't an established route and regimen he made a priori."

"He was her mentor, so it's really no wonder she grew to be this strong," Hanji smiled and tapped my shoulder. Levi was just staring at all of them, and remained silent. Something bothered me more than fact that they brought up Levi. I glared at Collin.

"Corporal Sharp? Really?"

"Of course. It's a pun, and a good one if you ask me," he wasn't even ashamed.

"It fits you perfectly, so, don't argue," Hanji giggled. She was so happy because we brought her yet another shifter she could dissect, or whatever those mad scientists did with their subjects.

Well, whatever it was, I hoped it hurt like Hell.

"Just call me Ezra. I have that fabulous, masculine name for a reason," I mumbled. Hanji practically screamed in my ear.

"A simple name won't do! YOU DESERVE ALL THE TITLES AND NICKNAMES YOU GET, BECAUSE YOU ARE AMAZING, CORPORAL SHARP!"

"I think I prefer 'Corporal Bitch' over this any day. But thanks for the praise."

"Hah, you will get used to it in no time," she winked.

"I hope I won't have to. Boys... I will need you to assist Lance Corporal's squad, the soldiers aren't very happy with the current situation so they might cause some kind of bullshit. Prevent it and keep them away from these dungeons. Hanji, we are really wasting our time on dull conversations. Show me where the treacherous bitch is kept and we can experiment on her in all the ways you want."