[6] Surprise

Dominic P.O.V

It was pass Eight, and she still hadn't arrived. I was starting to get worried. The incident that took place last night. I knew had her emotionally drained. It took everything in me not to bash Akeem's face in. It's crazy to see that you never know what type of person somebody can be behind closed doors. He was a coward who got a sick thrill off of abusing women. The minute I stepped to him, he was backing down. He could raise his fist to a woman but not a man. Weak, I'mma make sure he never finds another gig in Houston ever. Fuck that, in the United States. My name holds weight, and he just so happen to fuck over the wrong woman. I pulled out my phone and began calling her.

"Hey, this is Autumn. I'm sorry I can't come to the phone now. But, leave your name and number, and ill be sure to get back to you as soon as possible." Straight to voicemail, now I was starting to get worried. What if Akeem popped back up to pay her a visit ? A man like him couldn't take feeling played. It hurts their pride. But, if he touched one hair on her head. Trust, I have ways of making his ass disappear. I stood up from my desk and made my way to the front lobby.

"Rachel, you hear anything from Ms. Wright today?" I said getting straight to the point. I didn't like conversing with her too much. I know she has a thing for me. But, she is far from my type. She's just to damn pushy. If I know I can get you in my bed and don't have to work for it. I don't want it, at all. Half of the women desire me because I'm a cute face and I have a shit ton of money, which makes me very selective about who I give my attention too. I read people like no other. I can tell a person's intentions off body language alone.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you she called out." Rachel said with glee.

"She say why?"

"No, but, Mr. Thomas, I was thinking."

"Thank You." I cut her off before she could finish. I knew she was going to try and ask me out for coffee, but I don't want that. Well, at least not with her. I went back to my office and decided to give her another call.

"Hey, this is Autumn. I'm sorry I can't come to the phone now. But, leave your name and number, and ill be sure to get back to you as soon as possible." Voicemail again, okay, I was starting to get pissed off. She could at least answer. So, I could hear from her that everything alright. Focusing on work was going to be a challenge with her running through my mind. With that, I grabbed some files I had to get through today, my jacket, phone, and was out the door. I decided to stop by and visit Ms. Campbell before heading out. I notice her and Ms. Wright have taken a liking to one another.

"Ms.Campbell." She popped her head up fast from her cubicle.

"Yes, Mr. Thomas." She said, a bit nervous. I knew I could be an asshole, but I didn't care. I wouldn't be so successful today if I wasn't. In this business, any sign of weakness can get you screwed over and have you broke.

"Have you heard from Ms. Wright ?" Straight to the point yet again. 

"Not today, I spoke with her yesterday. She said she was feeling a little under the weather. So, I'm guessing maybe that's the reason for her absence." I just nodded my head and headed out. I knew she had me to thank for getting her sick. I had her around me during the time I had was. I made my way to the elevator doors. But not before letting Rachel know to shift a few meetings I had today to tomorrow. I pulled out my phone and began calling the valet to let him know to have my car ready by the time I reach downstairs. When I arrived he was just pulling up with my black 2020 BMW x6.

 When I arrived he was just pulling up with my black 2020 BMW x6