[40] PTSD ( Full Final Chapter )

Dominic P.O.V.

"What seems to be the problem?" Lance said as he walked in the kitchen, heading for the fridge, grabbing out a bottle of water. We had been hot in the Houston heat busy in the backyard all morning and afternoon setting up for Allie's party. But, a phone call from Steve interrupted our flow. I immediately started barking out orders for those who were also helping on what I expected to see when I came back. I excused myself and entered in the kitchen for a more private and quiet environment. Steve went on to tell me how Allie caught him stealing glances at her and might have frightened her because the next thing he sees is her running towards the restroom, slamming the door shut behind her.

"I thought I told you to trail far behind." I said, getting pissed off. I watched Lance walk over to the dining table, pulling out a chair, and taken a seat as he lifted the water to his lips. He kept his attention on me and the words falling from my mouth. Sweat due to the blazing sun was falling from my face, but it didn't matter to me at this moment. He said Karen, had now entered inside the bathroom with her. After putting up a little fight, to get in. "Where is Sam?" I asked before he could go on. I learned his attention was on changing Aiden. I was relieved by this because if Allie had a panic attack, he would only make it worse by integrating and questioner her as to why she had them. Bringing back those memories, she's trying so hard to forget. It would also give him another reason to hate me, which I didn't give a fuck if he did or not. But, if the incident fell into his lap. Like his father, Sam would have no problem fighting to take Allie from me, and I knew that. So, him knowing any of our business was out. Steve let me know Allie and Karen still haven't found their way outside of the restroom, which only caused concern for me. I instantly hung up with him and called Karen. She answered with no hesitation. "Is Allie okay." I blurted out before she could even say hello. I paid attention to the background to see if I could hear Allie but I came up short. Karen paused for a bit before sighing and telling me Allie was okay. I was not buying it at all and let her know to bring Allie home because it was getting late and the party would soon start. She said okay and hung up. I looked over at lance, and he opened his mouth and said.

"Did she have another panic attack?" He sounded concerned. I nodded my head as I clenched my teeth, slamming my hand on the counter, screaming fuck. If I could kill that son of a bitch Lucas all over again, I would. I wouldn't have minded if he fucked up my life, but the fucker didn't. He had my eight year old scared to close her eyes at night. He had her scared to the point she jumps at the slightest sounds and wakes up screaming bloody murder because the dreams are so vivid.

I turned around and came face to face with the cabinet. I don't know what came over me, but I just blacked out and started punching it over and over. I watched it break off the hinges, but that didn't stop me. The gentle touch of warm hands touching my shoulder blades did. I knew who this touch belonged to and stopped immediately. I watched the bloody cabinet hang on for dear life. My breathing was heavy as I tried to catch it. Autumn's gentle touch stopped my angry outburst. She began to slowly move her hands to my bloody knuckles. Once latched on to mine, she turned me around to face her. I looked deep into her beautiful brown eyes, saw the hurt, and knew she could see mine. Tears fell from my eyes, but I didn't care. I finally broke eye contact with her as I heard a chair scraping against my marble floors. It was lance making his way over to a concerned Tasha pulling her out of the kitchen.

I brought my attention back to Autumn as the tears continued to fall. To know my baby girl couldn't be who she wanted to be right now was killing me, and I blamed myself a hundred percent. I wish she could take it like Autumn was, but unfortunately, that wasn't the path God was giving her. I felt Autumn drop my hands from hers and bring them to my face. She caressed my face gently as she wiped away the tears falling down my cheeks.