[32] It Ain't Over

Lance P.O.V.

The sound of the doorbell ringing brought me out of my slumber. I opened my eyes and notice I was still in my theater. The only light provided was the one coming from the screen. Which was a little to nothing because it was the end credits. I guess me and Tasha had fallen to sleep during our Tyler Perry marathon. I let up my seat and began rubbing the sleep from my ears. I heard light snoring. Which made me turn my head. To where the sound was coming from. When I looked over, I spotted Tasha. I was shocked. I was sure she would have left before I woke. But no, she was laid out. Curled up in my entertainment room with her mouth slightly opened.

I watched as she let sleep consume her body. But did I have a problem with that? Absolutely not, she was beautiful, and the thought of waking up to this every morning. Had me stuck looking at her. But, my thoughts soon were broken by the sound of my doorbell going off once again.

Irritated, I hopped up and made my way out of the room and to the front door. Whoever it was is going to get it. I checked the peephole than snatched the door open with so much force.

"Man, why the fuck you ringing my doorbell like that?" I said, coming face to face with Dom. It was early, and I knew that because the darkness from the sky proved it.

"I texted your phone last night and I called you a million times." Oh shit, I thought to myself.I had been enjoying my company with Tasha. My phone was the last thing on my mind. I instantly got worried. I hope everything was all right with my Allie bear.

"Something wrong with Allie or Autumn?" I said, getting straight to it.

"They're fine." He said as I stepped to the side. Allowing him to come in. Once he was inside. I closed the door after him. I made sure to lock it back before heading to the kitchen. I walked and he followed. "If you would have answered your phone or saw my text. You would have known that." He said, heading to the fridge and grabbing out a bottle of water. I sat down at the island in my kitchen and spotted my phone. I grabbed it and saw I indeed had a few missed calls from him. I put in my password and went into messages to our text thread.

"Warehouse, what are we going there for?" I said, more confused than ever

"The boy." He said as he looked around my kitchen. He eventually returned his attention back to me. I gave him a look. Still confused about what he was talking about. "I shot him in his shoulder. You let him talk to his wife. Which saved his little ass life. Causing me to get up out of bed early this morning. With my family, to go handle that." As the words left his lips. Everything started to ring a bell." My eyes grew big as he took a sip of water. I palmed my face, and an oh shit slipped out my mouth. "Yeah, so here I am." He said as he expanded his arms. "I rather get this over with. I know you have work later on today and so do I. Plus, my girls are still asleep and when they wake up. I expect them to wake up seeing this face." I picked up my phone peeking at the time. Which is something I have yet to do since I been up.