[25] Meet Up

Lance P.O.V.

I waited patiently for Dominic to emerge from the house. I knew it might take him sometime because Autumn was pissed. If it hadn't been for me, he wouldn't be in this situation. I knew Dom had strong feelings for Autumn, and it would crush him if she were to end it. But, not only him, Allie too. That night at the dinner table. When they made their relationship known to her, Autumn made a promise to Allie, and if she broke that. He should know she is not the one for him. The sound of my phone ringing broke my thoughts. I reached in my pocket, pulling it out. Once I notice who the call was coming from—a smile shoot across my face.

"Hello." I said, answering the phone.

"You still coming over for dinner tonight?" She said in such a sweet and innocent voice.

"You trying to get your boy fat, huh ?" I said, turning towards the door checking to see if Dom was coming.

"I like to cook, and you like to eat. So, why not invite you?" She giggled

"Well, seeing this has become a routine for us. You know, I'll be there. But, tonight, somethings have come up, so I'll be there a little later than usual." She let out a sigh after hearing me say this. Her doing this made me smile because it showed she was feeling me.

"Okay, well, I'll be here. But, if you have your girl waiting too long. It's you lose because you're going to miss out."

"I take it your cooking something good tonight." I said chuckling

"I actually cooked your favorite. I listen when you talk. My mouth isn't always running." She laughed, and I followed.

"I like that." Soon as I said this, I noticed Dom coming out of the house, and he did not look happy. "Well, I got to go, but I'll see you tonight." I said, watching Dominic make his way towards me.

"You better, LANCE." She said, emphasizing my name.

"I will TASH." I said, mimicking her as I laughed. We said our goodbyes just as Dominic made it in front of me. I pressed the end button putting my phone back in my pocket.

"Who was that?" He said, unlocking the door to his car.

"Work-related." I said as I pulled open the car door and hopped in.

"Work got you smiling like that?" He said as soon as he got in the car and got situated.

"Yeah, one of my patients is responding well to his chemo treatment. But, what happened back there, you stormed out of the house all pissed." I said, changing the subject. Dom was good at reading people so I could tell he wasn't buying what I was saying. But, he wasn't going to push me on it. Out of Dom and me, I wouldn't call myself a relationship type of guy. I was more so a bachelor. I never disrespected the women I choose to lay down with, though. I never sold a dream; I was always honest. I let them know upfront I wasn't looking for a relationship. You would be surprised by how many women like me were looking for that same thing. But, with Tasha, I never gave her this speech. I knew she knew I was a ladies man off of looks alone, which put me at the bottom of her list for guys to date. Well, that and also not doing pink dick, until now. This was all new. We had been vibing for the past week.

"I don't want to talk about it." If that's what he wanted, my lips are sealed. He started his engine, and we were off.

Dominic P.O.V.

V