[35] Just friends? (Part 2)

Karen P.O.V.

When I notice Dominic walk back in and Sam was not present. I knew something was not right and when he told me to speak with him, followed with a funny look. I knew he had discovered that Dominic and I were indeed more than just friends back in college. Dominic and I were intimate, but that was the past. 

I was now married to the true love of my life and blessed to share a beautiful baby boy with him. I knew he was going to react like this. One of the many reasons I told him we were just friends. Sam was sensitive and jealous as hell. He felt like he always had to be my protector, and if he wasn't doing that job right he was failing as a husband. I sighed and nodded my head. I asked Autumn if she could watch after Aiden so I could get to the bottom of this. Once she gave me her approval. I made my way through the crowd to find my husband. During my search I notice the back door was wide open, and there I spotted Sam pacing back in forth. I took in a deep breath and exhaled. I knew I was stepping into turmoil, but I knew this conversation needed to be held.

I made my way to the door. Once outside, I closed the door behind me. I wanted this conversation to be private and between us only. I pulled the door shut and turned around. I notice Sam was no longer pacing but instead giving me his undivided attention. He looked hurt and angry at the same time.

"I came looking for you when I notice you weren't with Dominic." I said, approaching him. He didn't utter a word. When I was finally face to face with him. I slowly brought my hands to his face caressing his beard. He was still looking at me with those light blue eyes filled with anger and hurt. I watched as he lifted his hands to mine, bringing them down and back to my side. He let go of my hands and stepped back, creating some distance between the two of us. This hurt, no matter how mad Sam was at me. He never rejected my touch. But, as of now, he was, and it was hurting me to my core.

"You're punishing me for my past Sam, and that's not fair." I said, looking into his eyes as I felt the tears about to escape. I watched as his jaw clenched together. I knew me saying this had confirmed the thoughts running threw his mind regarding Dominic and me.

"You fucked him, Karen!" He spoke, finally breaking his silence. I was happy. Quietness was not going to improve this or make it better. "You fucked the guy who killed my sister!" He looked me up and down with a look of disgust. This wasn't Sam. His anger was getting the best of him. He never spoke to me in this manner, nor did he ever look upon me this way. 

"We were kids, Sam. How was I supposed to know his future, my future, and your future would turn out like this. I'm not a fucking psychic." I said, getting frustrated at how irrational he was being. "I would never do anything to hurt your feeling or betray you purposely." I said a lot more gently as I stepped closer to him, taken his hands back into mine.

"You already have!" He said, shouting as he cut me off, snatching his hands out of mine.  I knew Sam was more so mad at the fact that I slept with the man he believed to have taken his sister's life. It hurt his ego more so than anything, and I couldn't blame him. But how long was he going to be angry? He needed to talk to Dominic man to man and find out what truly happened that day.

"No, I haven't, and deep down, I know you believe what I am saying!" It was my turn to do the shouting because, at this point, I had enough. "You can't be mad for the rest of your life, Sam! Dean gave her back for a reason. If you want the truth, the man is sitting in front of your face, ask! Because he is not going anywhere! He's Allie's father, and no matter how much you hate him. That will never change! He is now apart of our lives forever! Do you hear me?" I said, placing my hands back to his face. I made sure he was concentrating on every single word I was saying. "And if you care about Allie, you will come to terms with that." I said, bringing my voice down some. He looked at me long and hard. I knew he was taken in the words that spilled from my mouth. " I love you, and when I was in college. I thought I loved him. But the love we share now. Shows me what I felt for him was far from that." I said, smiling. I think my words had touched him because he was no longer rejecting my touch. I knew he was still mad, but I also knew the love we shared was going to get us through this situation. "My past is my past, and I want to keep it like that. You and Aiden are my present and future. You guys are my main focus, and what keeps me going and nobody in the world can take me away from that." I said, finally releasing the tears that wanted to fall since I've been out here.