[27] Its Going Down

Dominic P.O.V.

I pulled up to the house, taking my seat belt off before the car could even stop. I hit the brakes quickly, causing Lance to shift forward, hitting the dashboard. My mind is so focused on what my dad said back at the warehouse. I knew Lance would be okay, but I needed to make sure my girls were.

I hopped out quickly as I made my way towards my front door, which was wide open. I saw bullet shells scattered around the concrete floor in the driveway and the street. This made my heart race even more. When near, I noticed a red substance near the front entryway. I knew it was blood but who it belonged to had my mind racing.

When fully inside, I saw Steve was examining the scene. I ran straight up the stairs to Allie's room; maybe she was hiding. I pushed open her door, dropping to my knees, checking underneath her bed but nothing. I stood up and headed towards her closet, drawing the door back, but yet again, I came up empty-handed. I turned back to the door and saw Lance and my dad at the entry. I pushed past them making my way back downstairs towards the last person who saw them. When back downstairs, I grabbed Steve, pushing him towards the wall. I knew taking my anger out on Steve wasn't right, but I wanted answers, and I was going to get them.

"I have seen you shoot a man a million miles away, but today you fall fucking short!" I said, hemming him tighter to the wall.

"I tried Dom, I did, but it was too late." I looked at him long and hard. I knew he was telling the truth, but that didn't stop my emotions from taking over. I felt pressure on my back, causing me to turn around.

"Let him go, Dom, he did nothing wrong." Lance said, giving me a look that read I know your hurt but chill. I let him go instantly and began pacing back in forth.

"Did you see who it was?" My father said he tagged along with us back to the house after getting the phone call.

"No, I notice he was wearing a UPS outfit though. I caught him holding Allie as he made his way to the car. He had a bag over her head."

"Did she look hurt?" I asked, digging deeper into what took place.

"No, not that I could see." He said, giving me his undivided attention. I nodded my head, following the end of his statement.

"And Autumn?" Lance said, making me snap my neck to him but quickly back to Steve, waiting on his response.

"I didn't see her at all. Honestly, I think the blood might belong to her." We all brought our attention to the smear of blood heading towards the door.

"I'm going to kill that muthafucka and for sure this time!" I said, making my way out of the front door and to my car.

"Where do you think you're going?" My dad yelled from behind. I stopped in my tracks, turning back around.

"I'm not going to sit here and wait twiddling my thumbs. I'm going to get my daughter and Autumn. I know he did this, and he is going to pay. If I have to break his whole team down one by one, I will do so because somebody's going to tell me something." I knew a lot about Lucas's operation and today that was going to be shown. Everything I knew he owned or touched was going to crumble.

"Wait." I stopped once again, but this was going to be the last. "I'm coming with you. You're not going by yourself." Lance said as he made his way towards the car too. I nodded my head. I knew he was going to come because Lance never liked me rolling by myself to handle missions. There was a time in which I almost lost my life all because I didn't have back up. It was five against one, and I held my own to the best of my abilities. That day made me the most feared man in the mafia. So knowing how I got down had me baffled why Lucas wanted to fuck with me.