[31] Unveiled

Dominic P.O.V.

Today has been a long day. I was ready to hop in bed and close my eyes. I was beyond tired, and to be honest. I haven't rested much after what took place yesterday. My body was sore from taken that tumble out the car. As well as my mind.

Taking Autumn to doctor appointments and Allie, being emotionally disconnected. Is taking a toll on me. I honestly wish I could heal both of my girls, but I couldn't. I wish the pain they were feeling could somehow be taken off them and put on me. If God gave me superpowers. I would heal them. Ridding their minds of the evil in a heartbeat. But again, I couldn't. The only thing I could do is be the man of the house and offer them the comfort they needed.

"Allie, talk to you yet?" Autumn said, as I entered our room. Closing the door behind me. The television was providing the only light in the place. She was sitting up, back against the headboard, scrolling through the channels. I sighed, shaking my head as I made my way to the bed. I pulled off my shirt before lying down. I tossed it in the dirty clothes hamper near the bathroom. All I had on now was my grey Nike sweats. I pulled back the covers. Got in, getting comfortable. "She will come around babe, trust." She said, taking her attention off of the T.V. and down on me as she massaged my scalp.

"I hope." I said, closing my eyes' taking in the massage. Allie had been real quiet since I picked her up from Lances today, and I know why. Lance told me what happened. I wanted to talk to her about it but on her terms. She let Lance in and I knew I was gonna be next. Allie is a daddies girl, everybody knows that.

I knew she wasn't herself. At dinner, she didn't utter a word. Usually you couldn't stop her mouth from running. But, my baby girl has been defeated. Right after dinner, she said she was tired. Asked me if I could lay with her till she fell asleep. I told her of course. Holding her in silence till she drifted off.

Autumn kept messaging my scalp. Her doing this was going to have me out like a light. "How are you feeling mentally, though?" I asked Autumn; she wasn't giving me PTSD vibes like Allie. But, maybe she was better at hiding it. I knew she had been through some traumatic stuff in life. Making her numb to pain and used to concealing her emotions. But with me, she was going to talk and let that shit out.

"To be honest." She said, my eyes slowly opened as I turned on my side. Giving her my full attention. "I'm better than I thought I would be." she talked as she kept stroking my hair. "I've been through some shit. But this made me realize I'm not alone anymore. I knew I loved you and Allie. But this situation made me see I never want to lose you guys. You guys are my family now. What took place yesterday made me see that. I wouldn't change what happened yesterday. Besides them snatching up Allie. I love you guys so much. A bruised face and broken ankle wouldn't make me change that. I'm just glad she's safe, and you are too." She said, leaning down, planting a kiss to my lips. I knew why I loved this woman. The words falling from her mouth confirmed why.

"I love you." I said, looking up at her smiling.

"I love you more." She said right back. I thought after I laid everything on her about the Mafia and the killings. She would leave me for sure. But, I was wrong; this was actually bringing us together. I couldn't be more happier.

I turned back on my back and closed my eyes. While Autumn's fingers did wonders on my scalp. "You know somebody reached out to me about Dean today." Her fingers came to a halt.

"Papa?" She called him by the name Allie gave him. I nodded as I opened my eyes. She was looking dead at me. I grabbed her hand, putting it back to my scalp. The massage was feeling too good to stop. Once she started back up. I closed my eyes. " Who was it, and what did they say?"

"Whoever it was, didn't tell me all that and with all the stuff we've been dealing with. It slipped my mind to ask. But, I'm sure it's family. It was a female, so maybe a sister, daughter, or niece. I don't know, and honestly. I don't know much about Laura's family. She never talked about them. When I brought them up. She always found a way around it. So I never pressed the issue. But, they put together a service."