[28] Survival Of The Fittest

Autumn P.O.V.

I laid in his bed with his arms wrapped around me. I felt so uncomfortable; his touch was like poison Ivy to my skin. Being in his arms didn't make me feel safe or secure like I felt with Dominic. I know Dominic, and I ended on bad terms earlier, but right now, I wanted him more than ever. I turned my head to the side and saw Lucas knocked out. A man with his features. Didn't take me for the type to have to kidnap a woman to keep her. I wiggled my way out of his embrace, praying he wasn't a light sleeper like Dominic.

Yes, I screamed to myself once I was free. I continued lying down, taking a deep breath before I attempted to get off the bed. But, terror was keeping me glued to this mattress. I knew I couldn't let fear hold me down for long. I would miss my opportunity at setting Allie and I free.

I lifted up slowly while my eyes kept fixated on Lucas. Once fully sitting up, I shifted my legs off the bed and onto the floor. My back was now faced towards him. I took my time lifting off the bed. When my body came disconnected entirely from his comforter, I turned around and saw him still sound asleep. I kept my eyes on him as I walked backwards towards the door. I put my hands behind my back, trying to feel where I was going. Once I felt my hand hit something hard. I knew I had reached the door. I turned around quickly, grabbing at the nob pulling the door open. I looked over my shoulder at him one last time and saw that his back was now facing towards me. That's all I needed to see. I finished where I left off and continued opening the door.

Once inside the hallway. I made sure I closed the door completely. Even if I could knock off a few seconds of his time once he realized I was gone, it was better than nothing. I admittedly made my way towards the guest room. He showed me Allie was in earlier. I unlocked the door going straight in. We had to move, and we had to move fast. I closed the door after me and saw Allie was still sound asleep. I made my way towards her and instantly started shaking her. I needed her to get up now.

"Allie, come on baby, you have to get up." I whispered in her ear. I watched as she stirred in her sleep. "Come on, Allie, get up." I said a lot louder but not too loud. I watched as her eyes slowly opened.

"Autumn." She whispered and hugged me tightly. Waking her up brought her back to reality. Last she heard of me I was screaming for bloody murder.

"You're still alive, but, but, your face." She looked hurt as she gently touched the bruises that laid upon my face. The little light the moon offered from the window revealed my battle wounds to her. I didn't want her to see me like this, but how else was I going to get her out of here.

"I know, I know Allie, but right now, we can't worry about that. You have to get up out this bed, and we have to go now." When I said that, she hopped up quickly, and we made our way to the door. Before I opened the door, I needed her to follow a few rules. "Once I open this door, you are to follow my every move. You are to be glued to me at the hip." She nodded her head, letting me know she got it. "But the most important rule of them all." she looked at me, waiting for me to speak. "When I say run, you do just that, you hear me ?" She nodded her head once again.

When I knew she was on the same page as me. I opened the door peeking my head out to check to see if Lucas had caught on to my absence. Once I noticed it was clear. It was a green light from this point on. Everything was happening so fast, but I needed it too. We were out of the room and downstairs in no time. Once we reached in front of the front door, my heart began to ease. Our freedom was beyond this door, and all I had to do was unlock it and turn the nob.

"What are you guys doing?" We snapped our heads towards the top of the steps. There stood the UPS guy from earlier. I knew what he did to my face would happen again if we didn't get out this door. I turned back and unlocked it quickly, turning the nod and pushing it open. I picked up Allie and took off running.