[15] Countdown

Autumn P.O.V.

I rolled over in the bed and felt nothing. I knew I didn't sleep alone last night. I finally forced open my eyes to see Dominic gone. Maybe he got uncomfortable and went to sleep in one of the many rooms in the house. I got up and headed for the bathroom to relieve myself. I sat on the toilet and released all that was stored up throughout the night. Once done, I wiped myself and washed my hands in the midst of me, washing my hands. I couldn't help but examine myself in the mirror placed in front of me. Lance had cleaned up my scars and bruises very well. I notice my eye was still swollen but not as bad as it was last night. I knew if I iced it some more, the swelling would go down tremendously. I was just happy I was able to open it.

"You look beautiful, regardless. " My attention snapped to the door. Dominic's leaned up against the frame with an ice pack in his hand. He walked over to me, kissing me on the forehead and placing it in my hand. I instantly put it on my eye and thanked him as I offered him a smile. He looked at me for a while, just admiring me.

"Come eat." He finally spoke as he began tugging at my free hand, pulling me back into the bedroom. When we reached, I noticed he had a beautiful little set up for me.

 When we reached, I noticed he had a beautiful little set up for me

He didn't leave because he was uncomfortable this morning. He left so that he could do this for me. Breakfast in bed, how sweet. I have never got treated like this in the morning. Akeem wasn't a morning person. So, I was always the one getting up making breakfast. It looked amazing. I couldn't wait to dig in because I knew Dominic had magical hands when it came to him working in the kitchen. We both sat back down on the bed, pressing our backs to his headboard. He grabbed the platter, placing it between the both of us. He then grabs my sandwich, handing it to me. I love how he always thinks to make sure I'm situated before he is. I watch as he then grabs his sandwich and places it to his mouth. We start to eat in silence. It wasn't an awkward silence, though it was more so peaceful. I was just happy to be in his presence.

"So, what's on the agenda for today." Last night he said we would talk about what happened last night, this morning.

"Well, I'm going to take you to your house. So, you can pack a few things because you will be staying with me for a while." He said this as he was reaching for the orange juice placed on the tray. I looked at him like he was crazy. When he finally looked at me, he was putting the his drink to his lips. He didn't seem fazed by the look I was giving him at all.

"I think I will be fine at my apartment Dominic." I said, laughing at what he just said he was a little too overdramatic. Akeem said he was leaving. I didn't have anything to worry about.

"The man legit found you in the club. Dragged you out and damn near killed you. So no, I don't think you'll be fine at your apartment." What he said sounded harsh. But it was the truth. It made me think had Akeem been watching me the whole time. How did he know I was going to be at the club last night? And was he really that mad that he was willing to kill me all because he blamed me for him being the one who got him fired? Imagine how pissed he probably is with me right now seeing Dominic beat him damn near to death. I shook my head with him on this one. He was right, but I didn't want to add to his list of responsibilities. He has a daughter and a billion-dollar company to take care of already.