[29] Savior

Lucas P.O.V.

I woke up to the sounds of Chris yelling. I immediately snapped out of my slumber. Bringing me back to reality and life as I know it. I reached over to the gun that was resting on my nightstand. I looked over to the other side of my bed and noticed her presence was gone. Sneaky bitch and to think I was going to give her a second chance at life. I made my way towards my bedroom door with my gun placed right in front of me. I wasn't sure what I was getting myself into. Once I stepped out into the hallway. Whatever came in my path was going to be coming down. I pulled back the door, quickly stepping out into the hall, ready to kill. I looked to my left and right and saw nothing. I made my way to the top of the steps, where I saw my front door wide open.

"Chris!" I yelled, waiting for him to holler back to me, indicating he was alright. When I didn't get a response, I decided to make my way towards the front door. I slowly made my way down the steps. Gun still up in case I had to shot first and ask questions later. Once I was in front of the door, the cold air hit my body, giving me chills and goosebumps. I had no shirt on. The only thing that provided me with warmth was my sweatpants. My feet even became icicles when they came in contact with the pavement. "Chis!" I yelled again, waiting to hear him scream back.

"Over here." He yelled as I watched him emerge from the Forrest. He began waving his hand in the air, making sure I could see where he was. This eased my mind, finally bringing my gun down to my side. I made my way over to where he was.

"She's gone." I said once I reached him completely.

"No, she's not, but I can't say the same for the little girl." Shit, hearing this made my heart stop. Taking her in the first place was a mistake, but if anything was to happen to her. Dominic was not going to take that lightly. " We fucked up; we fucked up!" I said, pacing back and forth as I hit myself in the head repeatedly. We had to get the fuck out of here and out of here right got damn now. "Where is she?" I said, stopping in my tracks, looking directly at him.

"This way." He led, and I followed. The sticks and rocks from the ground were digging into my feet each step I took. The adrenaline rush I was feeling from this situation blocked out all pain. When he came to a stop, I knew we had made it. He moved to the side, and there she was. As I began to move towards her. I could see the look of fear plastered on her face.

"Where is the girl?" I asked, bending down, making sure I was staring right into her eyes. But, she offered me no response. I didn't have time for the games right now, and she was pissing me off by the second. "I'm going to ask you one more time and if you remain silent like you just did. I will have to cause you pain. So, I hope you make the right decision, sweetheart." My tone was soft but laced with seriousness. "Where is the girl?" Again she offered me no response. I gave her a scan over and noticed she was holding her ankle. It was all swollen and bruised up. I figured this was the reason she didn't getaway.I placed my hand on her thigh, which caused her to scoot away from me. But, that didn't stop me from what I was about to do. "Move again, and it's only going to get worse." This had her frozen in place. I kept making my way down her thigh till I was at her calf. By then, I could tell she was catching on too what was about to go down. I never took my eye off of her. "Now, I'm going to ask you one more time, where is she?" As my hand finally rested on her ankle. This time she decided to speak.

"I don't know." Wrong answer, I began squeezing down on her ankle with all my might. I knew the pain for her was unbearable. She started screaming, and tears came pouring down her cheek. Chris came over and covered her mouth, muffling her screams. I released, but she continued to sob.

"You wanna start talking now?" She looked at me as tears filled her eyes. She remained mute once again, which brought me right back to squeezing on that ankle. After a few times of doing this, I knew she wasn't going to crack.