[30] Scarred

Lance P.O.V.

I woke up this morning and replayed last night's events in my head. When we got back to Dominic's house, I evaluated Autumn. She was pretty banged up. I knew the bruises would fade over the week. But, the ankle would be a whole different story. I knew it was broken from the look of it. A cast was going to be needed. I let Dom know that, and he immediately left out to take her to the emergency room. So, she could get the proper medical assistance she needed.

I remained at the house until they returned. Allie was shaken up about what took place. She was so scared she wouldn't sleep alone. She kept begging me to lay with her and repeating, "What if they come back?". I tried my best to convenience her that wouldn't happen. But, she didn't believe a word that was coming from my mouth. I just held her in my arms until she fell asleep. Right, when she knocked out. I heard the front door open. I stood up quickly, pulling out my gun and heading out of the room. When I reached the top of the steps, My body became less tense when I notice it was just Autumn and Dom. I guess this whole situation had me on edge just as much as Allie.

"A man, it's just us chill!" Dom shouted, making me lower my weapon quickly. I made my way down the steps and looked over to Autumn and saw she had crutches and a boot on her foot. "She goes in for a cast tomorrow morning. Do you mind watching Allie in the AM?" I knew Allie would not be attending school tomorrow after what took place today. Her being so clingy earlier proved that. My Allie bear has been traumatized, and it was going to take her some time to get over it. But, we were going to be there for her every step of the way. I nodded my head yes and dapped him up. I went over to Autumn, giving her a side hug before exiting out the front door and heading home.

Last night was crazy, but I'm glad it was over. I could get back to saving lives and not taking them. I pulled the covers back and stood up on my two feet. I did my morning stretches. I was trying to relieve the pain from yesterday's events. That tumble out of the car took a toll on my body. A hot shower was needed to relieve my muscles. I was headed for the bathroom but not before picking up my cell phone and giving my Intern Tina a call.

"Hey, Dr. Williams." She said, sounding like her chipper self.

"Hey, Tina, anything on the agenda for today?" I said, getting straight to the point. Mafia Lance was out the window, and it was back to Dr. Williams.

"No, it seems like your schedule is free today." Her saying this was music to my ears.

"And yours too, take the day off and enjoy yourself. But, business will resume back up tomorrow as followed." This was rare for me, and I knew the next day. I wasn't going to be so lucky.

"Thank you, Mr. Williams." And with that, we both hung up. I set my phone back down on my nightstand and headed to the bathroom to take a shower and knock out my morning routine.

Once I emerged out of the shower. I grabbed my towel off the rack and wrapped it around me. My hair was dripping from the wash I had given it a second ago. When back in my room. I went to my dresser draw and pulled out some boxer briefs. I dropped the towel and started to put them on. I had to adjust myself when they were completely on. This was something I had to do often; your boy is blessed. I pulled out a pair of denim jeans and put them on as well. A buzz came from my phone as I was putting on my shirt. Once over my head and pulled down. I made my way over to my nightstand to retrieve my phone. I picked it up and smiled when I saw the text and who it was coming from.

 I picked it up and smiled when I saw the text and who it was coming from