[24] You Did What ?

Autumn P.O.V.

"What do you mean you killed him?" My mind was not wrapping around those three words; he just let spill from his mouth.

"I think you know what I mean, Autumn." He said as his eyes remained glued to the road.

"You said you were going to let him go." My voice began to crack. I knew Akeem put me through a lot of stuff, but death was not the answer. Who was he to take his life away like he was God?

"He was hurting you, Autumn. Why do you even care?" He said with base in his voice. Finally, giving me the attention I deserved.

"Because I'm human, you don't go around killing people because stuff doesn't go your way."

"Your family and I will protect my family at all costs, and that's not up for debate." I watched as he turned his head back to the road and his hands tighten around the steering wheel.

"Are you serious right now? Did you even think this through?" He offered me no response back but remained focused on the road and driving. "If you get caught, that is a life sentence in prison without parole." I yelled. I needed him to understand what he did was seriously stupid. " Did you think about Allie when doing this? You cant be a father behind bars, Dominic!" This got his attention admittedly.

"I always think about my daughter." He said as he dead the engine. I had gotten so caught up with this whole situation I hadn't notice we had arrived at his house. He kept speaking while facing towards me, looking deep into my eyes. " But I also think about you. I know what I did, and I take full responsibility for it, but what I won't do is sit in this car and act like I feel bad for what took place. He had every intention that night to end your life. So, why the remorse Autumn because he's never shown you any?" I knew what he was saying was right, but I was no killer. I couldn't feel happy about somebody's life-ending.

"You should because prison isn't a joke," I said, unbuckling my seat belt and hopping out the car. I made my way to the door waiting for him to unlock it. When he arrived, I made sure not to give him any eye contact whats so ever. I couldn't look at his face right now. I guess everything that glitter doesn't shine. This man was a killer, and he thought I was going to be okay with that. He pushed open the door and allowed me to step in. Once inside, I ran straight up the stairs and into his bedroom. I grabbed my bag and started throwing all of my clothes inside of it.

"What are you doing?" I stopped what I was doing and turned around, coming face to face with Dominic.

"I'm leaving. I can't do this with you." I said, turning back around as I gathered more of my clothes, putting them into my bag.

"All this is because of you." I paused what I was doing and turned back towards him giving him my undivided attention. " I'm a grown man, so I can't say you made me kill him. But, what I will say is you gave me every reason too. You're mad at me for protecting you? All I've done since I've met you is protect you and watch over you. Now I'm the bad guy, huh? The same man you're packing up to leave me over. His wrong doing's are coming back to haunt you. Did you forget what we just saw back there at your apartment? You forget what just took place at my office? They are looking for you for his wrongdoing, and you want to know why? That Ex, Akeem, threw you under the bus. He couldn't take you out, so he sent somebody else to do it. But, when they came looking for you, I didn't fold. I didn't throw you to the wolves. No, I got suited up and ready to go to war. The same damn war I got out of two years ago." He was beyond pissed. His tone of voice was making that clear.

"What war are you talking about?" I watched as he made his way over to the bed and plopping down. He rubbed his hands over his face looking up towards the ceiling before speaking. I could tell he was stressed, but so was I.