[17] Cats Out The Bag

Autumn P.O.V.

Last night I couldn't sleep. I tossed in turned all night. I was so used to falling asleep in Dominic's arms and I wasn't used to being in this big house alone. I don't know how he does it. I would get so lonely here. All these rooms but nobody to fIll them up. Plus, living in such a big house could also have you really paranoid as well. Every squeak, crack, or creek would have you thinking somebody's breaking in.

I woke up rather early this morning to start my day. I remember Dominic telling me he would be taking me to the mall to buy me some makeup. He was trying to help me cover up the remainder of the scars and bruises, which have healed nicely over the weekend thanks to Lance.

Since I would be here for a while, I knew I had to get familiar with my surroundings. So, I gave myself a tour of his home. Every room I entered had me speechless. None of them had the same look to them. Each held its own unique style. I also found out he has an indoor gym. Equipped with all types of equipment a gym rat could ask for. It wasn't until I stepped outside to the backyard and made a mental note that Dominic is beyond rich. His backyard was breathtaking.

I stood there in utter disbelief

I stood there in utter disbelief. The thought and detail that was put into this was beyond me.

"We could take a morning dip if you want." I turned around quickly. I knew the person the voice was coming from, and I was happy. Happy that he was home, and I wouldn't be alone any longer. I knew last night he was spending time with Allie, and I was okay with that. One of the qualities I liked most about Dominic is how his daughter always comes first no matter what. I knew she would be here if I weren't all beaten up. She just got here, and she was already being pushed off to somebody else due to my problems.

"How was your sleepover party last night?" I asked as I started walking closer to him, wrapping my arms around his waist. I peeped the clothes he changed into last night was on no longer.

"We had a good time." He said, returning my embrace. He tried to lean in for a kiss, but I turned my head. I just woke up, and I wasn't about to kiss him with this morning breath.

"I ain't brush my teeth. Give me a second, please." I said as I tried to get out of his embrace and head to the bathroom to handle that.

"I ain't ask you all that." He said, pulling me back into his embrace and planting one on me. I was resistant at first, but if he was okay with it, so was I. When he finally released my lips. He just looked at me and held me in his arms. The look he was giving me was intense. It was like he was looking into my soul. He usually makes me nervous when he does this, but I knew if I broke eye contact, he would bring me right back into it.

"Do you think we could grab a bite on the way?" I asked, breaking our gazing.

"You can have anything you want. All you have to do is say it, and I will make it happen." I swear times like this, I never want them to end. But, I knew they could.