5. Mission

It's Raining men! Hallelujah! It's Raining men! Eh eh!!

"Are you fucking kidding me??" Taehyung rolled around on his bed in a failed attempt to cancel the booming voice echoing from the living room.

He begrudgingly got up rubbing his eyes with his fists while yawning.
He made his bed, and went to the bathroom to do his morning routine.

On non-office days, this is how they woke up each other blasting music through the apartment. It was more of a competition of who wakes up first to piss the other off. And since it's a Sunday. Here we are.

After he was done he stepped out of the room with Mr. Smores in one hand and other hand in the pocket of his sweats, preparing himself to have another fight, because that's the tradition in thier household.

Them fighting was rare.

Let me rephrase, them arguing like the previous night was rare, the flip-flop war is another story though.
But the tradition was that if they at all argue, a second fight was bound to happen to decide who will apologize first, which again may or may not end up with another flip-flop shower.

What he did not expect was the mouthwatering aroma of freshly baked macarons to fill his nostrils as soon as he stepped out of the room along with a a gentle melodious hum of Fly me to the moon by Frank Sinatra instead of howling of a ear piercing rock music.

He followed the aroma and melody and found himself by the kitchen counter faced by the tattooed bare back of his best friend who had oven mitts on and had just retrieved macrons from the oven.

Hair wet showing he had already showered. Couch bed neatly folded back into only a couch, kitchen counter cleaner than ever?

Okay, somebody wake me up!

Not wanting to start first taehyung sat down on the bar stool by the kitchen counter, purposely dragging it making a screach just to make sure his presence is evident.
Jungkook neither flinched nor turned around at this as if already knew that the other was there. Only thing he did was stop humming the beautiful song.

"Would you look at that, Mr. Smores, somebody cleaned up and baked and oh! Made coffee too. Looks like that 'somebody' is totally ready to live alone now!"

Taehyung made Mr. Smores, who was now nibbling on god knows what, face him and talked to him pretending not to notice his best friend who turned with the bored expression he features every morning.

"You know Mr. Smores, you better go out there and get yourself a lover. I wouldn't really be surprised if you suddenly decide that you and I living together is the reason for you not finding anybody."

"Tae... " Jungkook sighed

"Oh, good morning Koo. You made macroons? What is it? A goodbye gift for me? Or is it for your new landlord?"

"No, Tae" Jungkook quietly picked up the tray of macrons and placed it in front of the said boy only to have him furrow his brows in confusion looking at the yellow smily shaped macrons. Jungkook only made when he wants to apologize and which itself is so rare that the last time they had these was two years ago.

"Did you forget my twenty fifth birthday again?"

Jungkook chuckled and picked up one macrons broke it into two halves and started gently blowing on them to cool them down before starting.
"No Tae, I wanted to talk. Last night was..."

"uncalled for."

Jungkook nodded "Uncalled for. And- "

"and totally unnecessary."

"and totally unnecessary, yes. I know I'm a... "

"complete jerk."

"Will you let me fucking finish a sentence? "

To this taehyung only shrugged now making kissy faces at Mr. Smores and letting him down to roam around the apartment.

"i know i have no right to blame you for the deficiency of a stable relationship in my life when I haven't even tried getting into one in the first place. I apologize for the way I reacted yesterday."

"okay what the fuck was mixed in your beer?? First you jump on me like a hormonal bitch for no reason and now you, Jungkook Anthony Hamilton Billie Anderson Jeon, is apologizing to me?? Are you trying to give me a heart attack or what??"

"One, that is not my name, what the fuck? second, jump on you? You wish. Third, you're acting as if I never apologize."

"Because you don't. None of us does. You wouldn't apologize even if you killed Mr. Smores someday."

"Now why would I apologize for sending Satan back to hell"

"Do not disrespect my child. And why'd you make only one cup of coffee? What about me? "

"Actually this is for you. You are going to make mine because you know i can't swallow any other kind of coffee besides yours" jungkook said while passing taehyung's coffee with one hand and taking a bite of the now cool macron with the other. "Mmmm.. I surprise myself"

"You were sayin'? " taehyung gestured him to continue putting two macrons in his plate.

"Hmm? Yeah. I was saying that I know we're not going to live together forever but unless I have a reason to move out, i wouldn't. I will go out there and get myself a girlfriend and then we can go with the flow or whatever."

"That's exactly what I was trying to say. But y'know, I thought about it too and maybe you were partially right. I will ask someone out too and this time try to work things out rather than thinking of alibis to not see her again! "

"That's a start. I've decided to ask out Mina again. She was quite the screamer but I think I'm going to try to make it work"

"Mona."

"huh?"

"Her name is Mona, not Mina." taehyung said with a mouthful of macron closing his eyes to savour the devine taste.

"Right. But let's make this a mission and go get ourselves a lover!!" Jungkook raised his fist, eyes crinkling to cresents with sudden enthusiasm. "This, my friend is now our mission!"

"Leg's gek ourshell a luker" taehyung tried to say with is mouthful as he fist bumped his housemate before taking a big gulp from the coffee "The coffee tastes like shit. "

"Should I be concerned why you know what shit tastes like? "

"Shutup, asshole"

"You first, fucker. Get your ass up and make my coffee."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••